+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: How low would you go?

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    What was this thread about again?
    Quality of biscuits nowadays that we're allegedly 'offering' new recruits .............

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Quality of biscuits nowadays that we're allegedly 'offering' new recruits .............
    ?????

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    Ok, so here's a question, purely hypothetical...

Eden Hazard advertises those f00king stupid little biscuits that coffee shops put on saucers with your latte, despite raking in £50k/week plus.

He decides he isn't "happy" and is keen to join another club. Miraculously Leeds can afford both transfer fee and his moderated wage demands (only £30k/week).

Would you have him?
    Hypothetical humorous question got hypothetical humorous answer !

The Hazard model in all seriousness may be achievable if you consider all factors including the 'biscuit' reference as personal image rights at the right club can bump up to a lucrative contract offer.

At Leeds a 'basic wage' typically rises by between 60% and 100% when performance related bonuses are taken into account.(Not good for Pontus admittedly presently)

Strikers will have the highest average annual salary but it'll always be incentive heavy.
    With goalkeepers the lowest salary ............

Players' bonuses vary enormously depending on the terms of their deal,but they could easily double a footballer's salary.

Bonuses may include appearance money per game even if the player only comes on as a last-minute substitute.
    Signing-on fees are often a six-figure sum with payments usually spread over the term of a player's contract.

Players can also look forward to a share of a win bonus following each victory and an end-of-season performance bonus often related to whether a team stays up or acheives set targets.Further bonuses may follow if a club progresses in a cup run and there may also be goal bonuses etc ........

Wages are also staggered according to age with the highest earners tending to be those aged between 27 and 30 hence our recent purchase policy.

Obviously things must change now to achieve success so I reiterate the correct,mature better players with the required clean image could be seduced in via 'image right' deals to bump up above target loaded bonus deals.
    In my opinion it would help IF we had a Manager with accredited credentials to set the balls rolling - but that is an opinion I'm open to be proved wrong on - and yes I would be happy to see Eden Hazard in a Leeds team.

MOT

Quote Originally Posted by MrsORichSenior View Post
    Hypothetical humorous question got hypothetical humorous answer !

The Hazard model in all seriousness may be achievable if you consider all factors including the 'biscuit' reference as personal image rights at the right club can bump up to a lucrative contract offer.

At Leeds a 'basic wage' typically rises by between 60% and 100% when performance related bonuses are taken into account.(Not good for Pontus admittedly presently)

Strikers will have the highest average annual salary but it'll always be incentive heavy.
    With goalkeepers the lowest salary ............

Players' bonuses vary enormously depending on the terms of their deal,but they could easily double a footballer's salary.

Bonuses may include appearance money per game even if the player only comes on as a last-minute substitute.
    Signing-on fees are often a six-figure sum with payments usually spread over the term of a player's contract.

Players can also look forward to a share of a win bonus following each victory and an end-of-season performance bonus often related to whether a team stays up or acheives set targets.Further bonuses may follow if a club progresses in a cup run and there may also be goal bonuses etc ........

Wages are also staggered according to age with the highest earners tending to be those aged between 27 and 30 hence our recent purchase policy.

Obviously things must change now to achieve success so I reiterate the correct,mature better players with the required clean image could be seduced in via 'image right' deals to bump up above target loaded bonus deals.
    In my opinion it would help IF we had a Manager with accredited credentials to set the balls rolling - but that is an opinion I'm open to be proved wrong on - and yes I would be happy to see Eden Hazard in a Leeds team.

MOT
    TBH the question wan't meant to be humorous, honestly.

I don't have too much of a beef with players who use their footballing status to bolster earnings, but to see a player of Hazards status kicking a ball at some coffee cups in aid of promoting those bl00dy stupid little biscuits just to earn even MORE money than he already gets sticks a bit.

I suspect from other responses (yours included) that I'm in the minority in not really wanting such a greedy cnut in the Leeds 1st team squad, but then again what's different.

Seems to me like his agent is doing a good job of maximising his earnings while he is still a marketable comodity?
    Don't see what your beef is to be honest
    But NOT surprised that it does annoy you.

I'd be happy to play for half a packet of Bourbons.

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Seems to me like his agent is doing a good job of maximising his earnings while he is still a marketable comodity?
    Don't see what your beef is to be honest
    But NOT surprised that it does annoy you.
    "Maximising earnings" for someone reportedly getting paid £250k/week just for being in a squad, then all the bonuses and freebies that go with the star status. Greedy cnut.

As for annoying, sure it is, for me, when I think about how the revenues in the game are so horribly and obscenely skewed already, to see even more being screwed out of the system by someone who is clearly not in need of a begging bowl.

Footballers used to be exploited that for sure, now it's the fans who have to fund the obscene wages by the tickets they buy, their Sky subscriptions, even the coffee they drink (you think the money paid to Hazard and all those associated with marketing/advertising isn't factored into the unit price of those little delicacies?)

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    "Maximising earnings" for someone reportedly getting paid £250k/week just for being in a squad, then all the bonuses and freebies that go with the star status. Greedy cnut.

As for annoying, sure it is, for me, when I think about how the revenues in the game are so horribly and obscenely skewed already, to see even more being screwed out of the system by someone who is clearly not in need of a begging bowl.

Footballers used to be exploited that for sure, now it's the fans who have to fund the obscene wages by the tickets they buy, their Sky subscriptions, even the coffee they drink (you think the money paid to Hazard and all those associated with marketing/advertising isn't factored into the unit price of those little delicacies?)
    And yet some of those greedy cnuts manage to increase the revenue streams into clubs, i.e. Beckham, Ronaldo, Messi, Neymar to name a few.

The joys of a capitalist economy for you.

Listen, His sponsoring of biscuit has nothing to do with the fans, and who says he went looking - likely he was approached to sponsor them....so stop moaning - you would do the same if a dsilly offer came to you out of the blue - surely?

and get predicting for the world cup - see how well you do on that ... or are you going to be another bloody miserable Marley?
    Just forget the misery for a couple of months why don't you - enjoy the summer eh!

Quote Originally Posted by Tichi1 View Post
    Listen, His sponsoring of biscuit has nothing to do with the fans, and who says he went looking - likely he was approached to sponsor them....so stop moaning - you would do the same if a dsilly offer came to you out of the blue - surely?

and get predicting for the world cup - see how well you do on that ... or are you going to be another bloody miserable Marley?
    Just forget the misery for a couple of months why don't you - enjoy the summer eh!
    If i was on £250K/week i wouldnt bother advertising biscuits, because I'm not that much of a greedy cnut. And I never said what the players advertise has anything to do with the fans, simply that without the fans and their willingness to stump up cash for all kinds of things, many with no footballing context whatsoever, they greedy cnut wouldn't be so greedy!

And the World Cup? Do you not remember my previous posts about the nonentity that that has become, with the head of FIFA himself planning to replace it with a world club competition. Why? BECAUSE THAT'S WHERE THE F00KING MONEY IS!!!!!👹

So no, predicting what happens in Russia interests me not one jot.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)