+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Thread: How low would you go?

Quote Originally Posted by WTF11 View Post
    So he promotes biscuit to give crumbs?

Frankly don't care, the biscuit thing is just another indication of how low some would go to enrich themselves (and I suspect there are those closer to home who are just as greedy).

You make it sound like he is taking money to promote child slave labour.

He has worked to be in a position to be able to make these choices you just sound bitter that he is able (as are many footballers) to make even more. Really don't get your issue with a dude who is making money and that is all he is doing, same way any of us would do exactly the same offered the opportunity.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    You make it sound like he is taking money to promote child slave labour.

He has worked to be in a position to be able to make these choices you just sound bitter that he is able (as are many footballers) to make even more. Really don't get your issue with a dude who is making money and that is all he is doing, same way any of us would do exactly the same offered the opportunity.
    It's f00king GREED Joel. But clearly my moral compass is out of kilter with every other f00ker, hey ho. Not bitter about anyone making money, it's how you do it. Work hard, exploit your talent/skill etc, do well, earn lots, absolutely no problem.

Take advantage of your position as a world class sportsman to advertise/promote something that has NOTHING to do with this skills and talent, not quite so acceptable (in my book if no-one elses).

And on his wages, NO I WOULD NOT "DO THE SAME", so please don't suggest I would lower myself to his level.

Does he make the biscuits himself? does he have a platoon of volanteers doing it for free? Maybe some slave labor from some third world country?

Rich people employ people. some employ lots of people.

Poor people don't employ anyone.

Governments generally employ people that give them the most graft or or related to them.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    does he make the biscuits himself? Does he have a platoon of volanteers doing it for free? Maybe some slave labor from some third world country?

Rich people employ people. Some employ lots of people.

Poor people don't employ anyone.

Governments generally employ people that give them the most graft or or related to them.
    wtf?

I'll take a moment to explain since your ranting precludes you from thinking it through.

He's probably getting stock or some ownership to plug this product. I doubt it's just a cash payment.

However, even if he doesn't. If his plugging sells more product then more people are employed. Even better if the products are made in the area he plays for.

Since you seem to dislike "greedy ****s" it's obvious that you believe in some distribution system where someone like Maduro determines who gets the money, food or housing.

Quote Originally Posted by spaldy View Post
    I'll take a moment to explain since your ranting precludes you from thinking it through.

He's probably getting stock or some ownership to plug this product. I doubt it's just a cash payment.

However, even if he doesn't. If his plugging sells more product then more people are employed. Even better if the products are made in the area he plays for.

Since you seem to dislike "greedy ****s" it's obvious that you believe in some distribution system where someone like Maduro determines who gets the money, food or housing.
    Thankyou oh wise one.

He's Belgian, Lotus were, but are now UK based. He is still a greedy cnut, and I doubt if he was motivated to do the ad by some philanthropic urge to increase the number of people employed making biscuits, and it's HIS motivation I'm commenting on, not the wider socio-economic situation we all live in.

Thankyou oh wise one.

He's Belgian, Lotus were, but are now UK based. He is still a greedy cnut, and I doubt if he was motivated to do the ad by some philanthropic urge to increase the number of people employed making biscuits, and it's HIS motivation I'm commenting on, not the wider socio-economic situation we all live in.
    It is his motivation to make money and this is an easy avenue.

You really are a bitter individual aren't you.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    It is his motivation to make money and this is an easy avenue.

You really are a bitter individual aren't you.
    Shouldn't his motivation be to be the best footballer he can be, be rewarded for THAT as a primary motivator, and have respect for the fact that he is gifted, more fortunate than many others, and conscious of the privileged position he occupies?

I'm not bitter, not jealous (honestly), just saddened by the raw greed that seems to be completely acceptable (you might even say revelled in, applauded) to all.

It's a lot more likely that he will have signed up with a 'commercial management' firm, and for very decent 'retainer' he'll be contracted to appear in various commercials as arranged by that firm - in other words he probably doesn't actively pick which adverts he appears in, and can probably only refuse if it's blatantly obvious that appearing would 'damage his brand' - which isn't the case in this example.

Thankyou oh wise one.

Factory still where it always is, on the E17, presumably supplying Belgians as well as the rest of the world with their biscuit needs and presumably providing local Belgians with jobs, pass it regularly, this thread should get an award for the most irrelevant in Leedsmad history.

Page 8 of 9 FirstFirst ... 6789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)