+ Visit West Bromwich Albion FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Royal Wedding Meets The Cup Final

Royal Wedding Meets The Cup Final

Front cover of Private Eye has Chelsea and Man U fans at thge Royal Wedding. Comments from the crowd

"Oh no! It,s Fergie Time"

"Harry used to be a Chelsey fan"

"United for ever" "That's optimistic"

and my favourite

"When does it kick off" "When Phillip takes a swing at Meghan's dad"

It's a great £2

I used to buy the mag some years ago but not since arseface Hislop as shown his lefty bias regarding brexit

I just don't understand how Prince William ended up following the Vile. It's totally ridiculous. It's up there with some kid from Booth Street, Handsworth ''supporting'' Manure. In my world you either supported the team your dad/grandad followed or the team you grew up by. I've got a grandson who ''supports'' Manure. His dad takes him once a year to Old Trafford for his birthday. Usually he tries to make it against Albion so he can support Manure while he is there. His dad is a Vile supporter and told me you have to let them follow who they want don't you. I said no you don't. As soon as he showed any interest in football you should have started taking him to watch the Vile (Urgh) or even Albion as they live pretty much the same distance from the grounds.

It never ceases to amaze me why certain individuals support teams miles from their birthplace. A lot of it is popularism.....must support a team in the premiership or one that's popular at the minute. As for me I'm proud that my grandfather, father, brother, son and granddaughter have always been baggies fans...that was the norm when I was a lad. Sadly my nephew has not followed tradition.....but he lives in London so I understand his position. Not that I like it mind......makes for great conversations with his dad though!

Quote Originally Posted by Pugmitch View Post
    It never ceases to amaze me why certain individuals support teams miles from their birthplace. A lot of it is popularism.....must support a team in the premiership or one that's popular at the minute. As for me I'm proud that my grandfather, father, brother, son and granddaughter have always been baggies fans...that was the norm when I was a lad. Sadly my nephew has not followed tradition.....but he lives in London so I understand his position. Not that I like it mind......makes for great conversations with his dad though!
    Despite my brother's kids living in Bedfordshire and my kids being brought up in Sus*** with the worst Albion side ever ALL of my family from my grandparents on both sides through to my grandkids are Baggies til they die.
    And yes I am proud of that.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)