+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The Big Match Today- Who'll win?

The Big Match Today- Who'll win?

Yes it's Playoff Final Day. It's gonna be a big blow to either club of they fail. Villa were supposed to go back straight. Instead they got stuck in Championship quagmire. Finally they get chance atone and hopefully become the near permanent fixture that they've always enjoyed in the top flight.

Then you got Fulham. Another previous fixture, but fallen by the wayside like so many other illustrious clubs.
    They've finally assembled a capable side and bought a few Premiership class players. Played pleasing football where possible.

Who's gonna win? I remember last year's final, where I shared the moments here with 'our resident footballing know all.' However before And throughout the match, he refused to make a prediction. Even when it came to penalties. Yep, he couldn't bear being wrong- well I suppose that's what you get with a 'walking football Wikipedia.'

However I shall do nothing of the sort. My heart wants Fulham to succeed. But my head tells me it's better that Villa do. Already we have Stoke, WBA and Swansea back down. All look capable of going back straight up. Add in Boro, Hull, Leeds and the Sheffield clubs, it's going to be extremely difficult. Of the 2, I fear Villa more. They look more balanced and Brucey is a good manager in this division.

So although Fulham is 1 of those clubs, you always root for against the Prem giants,
    I feel Villa are more than capable of grinding out results and will win1-0.

Whatever it is, I hope it's no where close to 'the awful 120 mins of non football', we had to endure last year.

I see this as something like the 2014 playoff final. A footballing team against an organised bunch. We all know how that ended.

Villa for me never convinced by Fulhams defence Expect Grealish to run midfield and maybe 2-1 to Villa

Quote Originally Posted by MadAmster View Post
    I see this as something like the 2014 playoff final. A footballing team against an organised bunch. We all know how that ended.
    Actually I think the fault lay entirely with you. I simply dunno why SMc was so cagey. You stifled yourselves.
    The better side on paper, you took few risks. And when it was time to be defensive, you decided to try and win in the last 10 mins, instead of managing the game into extra time. Where you had the advantage of an extra man.

Redknapp's game plan was straightforward. Nick a goal and close shop.

Whatever it is, let's just get Villa out of this division

Maybe not! Fulham are in front!

Well done to Fulham, I've gone on about for long enough but best footballing side in the division.

As for Villa I expect them to lose Grealish, Adomah, Snodgrass, and Grabban unlikely to be there too so be interesting to see how their challenge fares.

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    Well done to Fulham, I've gone on about for long enough but best footballing side in the division.

As for Villa I expect them to lose Grealish, Adomah, Snodgrass, and Grabban unlikely to be there too so be interesting to see how their challenge fares.
    Don't forget Terry, he's coming here!

James Collins released by West Ham. 100% every game and a good leader..... on the basis Davies follows GR

Quote Originally Posted by ManxRam View Post
    James Collins released by West Ham. 100% every game and a good leader..... on the basis Davies follows GR
    Agree. Will be an excellent buy for any Championship club.
    I hope Forest gets Dawson.
    Meanwhile we've been linked to Grabban. Not quite sure what to make of him. Heard quite a hefty transfer fee for a player aged around 30.

Quote Originally Posted by Manofpride View Post
    Don't forget Terry, he's coming here!
    Could be a coup if you get him. But I do wonder if his body can take another full season of the battering that goes with tier 2 footy?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)