+ Visit Derby County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Cor Blimey! Are We Living in a Cave?

Cor Blimey! Are We Living in a Cave?

The biggest match in European club football is a matter of hours away and nobody's noticed? What more with 2 clubs with 17 trophies between them. And possessing not only arguably Europe's most potent attacks, but with 2 of it's most prolific strikers.

(Do allow me a 'little jibe,' I guess there's no connection between Derby and European competition, especially this 1!😜 )

Ok back to the match itself. Promises to be a cracker, if both teams do what they do best - score goals. Real obviously have experience. For this generation of Liverpool players, this is their first taste of a CL Final, although some did play in the Europa League Final previously.

Klopp has been to a Final before, while Zidabe is Mr CL himself. Hopefully Klopp being Klopp, urges his team to attack the rather fluid Madrid defense.

Ronaldo is the player of big matches, heck, he's a player for any match. Take your eye off him and the ball is in the net. Even if you mark him, you may not succeed.
    However he's clearly been showing signs of slowing down. The ability is always there but the capability to go full tilt for 90 minutes, is probably beyond him now.

Hence, the key player to Ronaldo lighting up the Final, is Gareth Bale. I get La Liga and CL here in Asia and I must say Bale is now playing like the Bale at Spurs. Maybe even better. He's the engine for Ronaldo. Running at dedenders, passing, crossing and weaving. And scoring to boot. The 1 downside is that by the last 10 mins, he's run himself to the ground, but in doing so, he allows Ronaldo to cast his magic spell.

Liverpool have Mo Salah obviously. What more superlatives can we add to his burgeoning list? But alongside him, there's Mane and Firminho. To match the threat of Ronaldo, Bale and Benzema (although he's usually a sub these days).

Real also have the better midfield, Kroos, Isco and Modric, Casemiro compared to Milner, Henderson Wynaldjum (sp).

Defensively Liverpool look more compact and right as opposed to Real policy of defenders themselves going forward or starting attacks.

The 1 fear, most neutrals will have, is that more often than not, after all the hype, the game itself is a damp squid. Nobody wants to risk it. Instead each awaits the others mistake rather than producing one's own brilliance.

But surely given both teams reputations, style of play and both manager's footballing philosophy, we should get what was said in the 'brochure.'

Romanis we have actually played European football you know

Quote Originally Posted by mistaram View Post
    Romanis we have actually played European football you know
    Obviously! And you we're cheated of a place in the Final.

It's just me being droll.

I did say at the start of last season, I'll be 'kinda supporting Derby' for the season. Nary a word against the club. However now that season is over, I've reverted to being the 'loyal opposition' in here.

Maybe I'll give it another when it reopens in August.

I think basically no-one gives a rats arse for this match. For me, so long as Ronald O has a horror show and perhaps gets injured, it will be a sheer irrelevance.

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I think basically no-one gives a rats arse for this match. For me, so long as Ronald O has a horror show and perhaps gets injured, it will be a sheer irrelevance.
    And misses a pen?

Quote Originally Posted by Geoff Parkstone View Post
    I think basically no-one gives a .. For me, so long as Ronald O...... perhaps gets injured,.....
    Very magnanimous of you....

Poor Salah had to come off with an injury. Maybe that was the game plan. After all it was the usual suspect Ramos that ' fell on his arm accidentally.'

Hope he doesn't miss the WC or that it don't affect him if recovers.

Meanwhile Benzema scored after HT before Mane equalised. Only for Bale barely on was a sub to score a stunner.

Hala Madrid, eh?

The Gareth Bale Final it is! Madrid now have nearly double the number of trophies of the next closest team - 13 to Milan's 7.
    Zidabe wins it 3x on the trot.

But unlike before, they don't get to keep the trophy. Which was the case previously - you get to keep the existing trophy if you win it 5x or 3x on the trot. Liverpool were the last team that has this privilege.
    But after they replaced it to the current one in use, they've stopped the practise. Barcelona would have kept it - they rose to 5. And Madrid too likewise - both another set of 5 and a hat trick of consecutive wins with today's win.

And I'm rather pleased Real won. You won't be believe the number of people walking down the street here with Liverpool jerseys.
    Like a bunch of ratsl!!

Quote Originally Posted by Romanis View Post
    Poor Salah had to come off with an injury. Maybe that was the game plan. After all it was the usual suspect Ramos that ' fell on his arm accidentally.'

Hope he doesn't miss the WC or that it don't affect him if recovers.

Meanwhile Benzema scored after HT before Mane equalised. Only for Bale barely on was a sub to score a stunner.

Hala Madrid, eh?
    Are you Ramspunk in disguise? You do a better impression of him than Karius does of a goalkeeper!

Quote Originally Posted by ramAnag View Post
    Are you Ramspunk in disguise? You do a better impression of him than Karius does of a goalkeeper!
    Ramspudnik is a fine young man and I'm proud to represent him!

As for Karius, it was unfortunate but I'm correct to say that this Final will be remember in history as The Bale Final rather than any mishap on the former's part.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)