+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Another cricket disaster

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I think that on of the problems is that our cricketers have a short attention span and can't concentrate to bat for 6 hours a hela Boycott and others from the past.
    We were in St Johns, Antigua a couple of months ago, heading for one of the beaches in a mini-bus. Driving up past the Recreation Ground the driver couldn't help telling us that was where Brian Lara had twice made the highest ever score in a Test Match. I couldn't help myself either.

"Ah Brian Lara, second best batsman the world's ever seen."

He bit, "Second best ? So who was the best ?"

"Geoffrey Boycott"

He nearly crashed his mini-bus.

Quote Originally Posted by sinkov View Post
    We were in St Johns, Antigua a couple of months ago, heading for one of the beaches in a mini-bus. Driving up past the Recreation Ground the driver couldn't help telling us that was where Brian Lara had twice made the highest ever score in a Test Match. I couldn't help myself either.

"Ah Brian Lara, second best batsman the world's ever seen."

He bit, "Second best ? So who was the best ?"

"Geoffrey Boycott"

He nearly crashed his mini-bus.
    I'm not surprised! I was talking about batting all day and not necessarily about entertainment.
    In my day I preferred to watch Garfield Sobers ahead of anyone else ---batting, bowling and fielding!

Good to see that we made the most of the conditions this time and played like a proper cricket team.
    Deserved win and all players can be reasonably pleased with their performances, however, I still feel that we are nowhere near up to speed as far as test cricket is concerned.

Well done to Buttler for a good innings and also to young Bess who batted and bowled well and took a smashing catch. Just proves a point that, if he is good enough, he is old enough!

Yes he did well as did most of the team.
    Buttler top scorer in series with 161, Jimmy gets 9 more to get to 540 in Tests, plus 269 in one days and 18 in T20 that’s 827 international wickets now.

Quote Originally Posted by Supersub6 View Post
    I'm not surprised! I was talking about batting all day and not necessarily about entertainment.
    In my day I preferred to watch Garfield Sobers ahead of anyone else ---batting, bowling and fielding!
    I spent a lot of time at Old Trafford in the late 60s and 70s, and Clive Lloyd was my favourite. The atmosphere was electric when he came out to bat, you expected something special, and quite often you got it.

I saw Lloydy make his debut for Haslingden at Bentgate in a Lancashire League fixture.

I still have not seen anything like it. The ball spent more time in the Auction Yard than the animals do!

A loss to Scotland today. Some game as Scotland set the second highest one day total of 371-5. McLeod getting 140.
    England get 365 of them with Bairstow getting 105.

Oh dear!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    A loss to Scotland today. Some game as Scotland set the second highest one day total of 371-5. McLeod getting 140.
    England get 365 of them with Bairstow getting 105.

Oh dear!
    We were going well until Hayles called Root for a run when Root was right on the backfoot in front of his stumps and ended up getting run out at the non-striker's end. That cost us the game in my opinion, however, it was a game of no real importance but it will give a good lift to Scotland and their future ambition.

Colne 37 all out !!

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)