+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Another cricket disaster

Another cricket disaster

36 runs needed to avoid an innings defeat 4 wickets left.
    Another disaster.

I have to agree. We batted poorly, bowled poorly and dropped catches which cost us somewhere around 120 runs.
    There is no way that you can do that and hope to win any match, let alone a Test match.
    We never really excel in tests at Lords these days and this is certainly no exception!

I've lost interest in the England Cricket team just lately, Geoff Boycott the only yarkshur man I listen to has told the men in charge many times what to do to improve but they just don't listen

This game is not lost by a long way....

125 partnership from Butland 66 and Bess 55 give us a 59 run lead. Face saving at least

Bess looks a find. Mind you, so did Hameed.

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    36 runs needed to avoid an innings defeat 4 wickets left.
    Another disaster.
    An absolute shambles. It is hard to know where to begin. The selectors? The coaches?

Church 291-7

Colne 55 all out!!!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Church 291-7

Colne 55 all out!!!
    Surprising scoreline because neither team is doing well this season, mind you, I am always happy with a Church win!

As far as England are concerned, I really feel that Root should be relieved of the captaincy and let him get back to enjoying his cricket.
    He really blotted his copybook yesterday as far as I am concerned. To see an England captain in the field, at Lords, fielding at silly mid off, actually kneeling on the ground whilst several balls were delivered is totally unacceptable. I would not even let an under 11s team member do that!
    What sort of motivation does this show to the rest of the team? I know that, technically, the game was lost, however, you do not capitulate until the last ball is bowled.
    Last edited by Supersub6; 28-05-2018 at 08:50 AM.

Just one change for the next Test with Jennings in for Stoneman.
    Hardly inspiring
    I have an impending sense of doom.

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)