+ Visit Burnley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Thread: Another cricket disaster

We started well with Buttler and Roy but Kuldeep came on and changed the game. I don't think that our batsmen could read him because he varied a lot and saw us collapse from a healthy 106-2 to 117 for 6 with 5 of the top 7 mustering ony 21 runs between them.
    Our bowling left much to be desired and it was too comfortable for the Indians in the end.

I see that we are continuing in the ODI from where we left off in the T20.
    A great start with Roy and Bairstow was all undone by Roy playing a poor reverse sweep to Kuldeep. I said to my missus "Here comes the collapse" --unfortunately, I was correct with Root out lbw to Kuldeep caught right in front and then Bairstow going lbw after a review. We have gone from 73-0 to 82-3 in 16 balls with Kuldeep having 3-7 in 2 overs.

Well Buttler and Stokes seem to have brought things round a little bit with a stand of 97 up to now. Buttler has been a little restrained but has still scored 44 from 38 balls whilst Stokes has been very restrained with 35 off 73 balls.

Spoke to soon! We went on merrily until we reached 198-4 and then collapsed to 261-7 with Kuldeep taking two wickets in his final over to finish with 6-25 of his 10 overs!
    With 21 balls to go we are 229-7 and haven't scored a boundary for over an hour. I reckon that we may get to 245 which will probably be around at least 60 short of a decent score.
    As the title says it is looking like Another cricket disaster!

Well we managed 268 and then only lost by 8 wickets with 10 overs to spare.
    Our demise was started when Roy tried to play a reverse sweep and fell over in the process. Whe he did this when he was batting well has me totally baffled but I suppose that I am from another era.

Another day and a different venue, however, is it going to be the same old story.
    After 10 overs we were 69-0, then India introduce Kuldeep into the attack and within two balls Bairstow is gone, a little bit unlucky but gone neverthess. Within another 4 overs we have also lost Roy to Kuldeep who now has 2 for 11 off 3 overs and we have progressed to 93-2 in the 16th over.
    Never mind ---it's better than politics!

187-2 with 20 overs left. Not as bad as it could have been and 10 an over might just do it.

You spoke to soon with Kuldeep getting Morgan with a full toss which he could have hit anywhere but put it straight down the fielder's throat.
    Nowhere near as bad as it might have been and good to see Joe Root batting well.

Yes my big mouth!
    Stokes. And Buttler gone as well.
    214-5
    Better keep quiet!

Quote Originally Posted by oldcolner View Post
    Yes my big mouth!
    Stokes. And Buttler gone as well.
    214-5
    Better keep quiet!
    OC-- they do not need us to help get them out, they seem quite capable of doing it themselves. I can't see us getting 300 the way we are going at present. Good team are India and they have been fielding well too.

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 56789 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)