+ Visit Newcastle United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Champions League

Quote Originally Posted by Kingstonbob1 View Post
    Liverpool for me. Cannot stand Ronaldo. Hopefully high scoring, I’ll go 3-2 scouse gits.
    Yes, canny call. Your right about Ronaldo, his time is just about up.

Mind you, I always thought that keeper was sh*te. Kloppīs fault for sticking with him.

Quote Originally Posted by toptoon View Post
    Mind you, I always thought that keeper was sh*te. Kloppīs fault for sticking with him.
    To be fair the other choice was Mignolet.

As soon as Saleh had gone off Real had no fear. Ramos is very clever player at the "dark arts", wasn't a foul because he got the ball but making sure that his arm was locking Saleh's so that he took full blow on shoulder. . . nasty but clever.

Salah apparently has a dislocated shoulder and ligament damage and is out of WC.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

As soon as Saleh had gone off Real had no fear. Ramos is very clever player at the "dark arts", wasn't a foul because he got the ball but making sure that his arm was locking Saleh's so that he took full blow on shoulder. . . nasty but clever.

Salah apparently has a dislocated shoulder and ligament damage and is out of WC.
    Mignolet is prone to the odd mistake but he makes more.

On Loris Karius, you're either a hero of a villain.
    Only Karius knows what was going through his mind when he threw that ball sideways knowing Benzema was right there...but the second goal from Bale, even though it had movement, Karius should have had that as meat and drink.....but, as we all know, if you make a massive error in anything, you're over anxious not to make another and it generally makes matter worse rather than better.

I'll bet there's plenty of fans out there that think he's took a bribe or something...and to be honest, I even thought it myself when he allowed the second one in.

Wow. No love for Liverpool but did anyone else feel anger at the way Ramos got away with that assault on Salah? The way he grinned at the ref when he succeeded at finished the game as a competition, a players season and his world cup chances as he was helped off in tears? Ffs even I felt bad...but not as bad as that keeper must feel today.

Quote Originally Posted by Jammy89 View Post

Ramos is nasty period. He always has been.

To a certain extent, all football clubs (and their players) will try and get away with dirty behvaiour and get their opponents out of balance by being illegally aggressive. Real Madrid though, they're next level. And Ramos is is their main man. Just look at the final against Juventus when he got Cuadrado sent off and now this nasty business against Salah. After RM took the lead last night - both times - their players were falling about the pitch with the obvious intent of wasting time and winding up the opponents. Again, a lot of teams have done this in the past, but RM are the worst when it comes to this IMO.

I don't know who is more nasty, Ramos or Pepe. Great defenders of course, but both severely lacking in class. Credit to RM for winning the CL trophy four times in the last five years, but I don't like what I see when they're playing.

They have some excellent players of course, I love watching Modric, Marcelo and Kroos. Zidane is a legend for me. But Real as a club, no I'm not having it really.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post

To a certain extent, all football clubs (and their players) will try and get away with dirty behvaiour and get their opponents out of balance by being illegally aggressive. Real Madrid though, they're next level. And Ramos is is their main man. Just look at the final against Juventus when he got Cuadrado sent off and now this nasty business against Salah. After RM took the lead last night - both times - their players were falling about the pitch with the obvious intent of wasting time and winding up the opponents. Again, a lot of teams have done this in the past, but RM are the worst when it comes to this IMO.

I don't know who is more nasty, Ramos or Pepe. Great defenders of course, but both severely lacking in class. Credit to RM for winning the CL trophy four times in the last five years, but I don't like what I see when they're playing.

They have some excellent players of course, I love watching Modric, Marcelo and Kroos. Zidane is a legend for me. But Real as a club, no I'm not having it really.
    Not disagreeing he's nasty at all but he's very good at being nasty and getting away with it.

Agree about their players being good to watch but the club itself. . . . I've never liked that they were Govt. funded.

Quote Originally Posted by HughieG View Post

Dirty, underhanded, diving, sneaky sh!t of a player.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)