+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Lee Shaw

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    33 goals for Grantham Town last season.

28 goals the year before.

Looking for a professional contract.

Worth a punt?

Can he play on the wing ? because if we did by any chance sign him then thats where they would play him..

He's only 23-24. I'd be very happy to see us pick up a player like this for the 3rd striker slot. But we still need to pick up 2 who are ready to go into the first XI.

If they are not costing much then you have nothing to lose.

The point is that they still cost something. Notts have been guilty of signing players in the hope they ‘come off’. Look at some of the players released.
    Many on this forum have slated some of the signings for being a waste of a wage, squad fillers etc... if we are serious about getting out of this league then we need to be looking at players that have proven pedigree and have a squad of 22-24 players who are all capable of being in the 1st team. Can we afford to sign someone because they scored 30 odd goals in the 6th/7th tier?
    If we sign someone from non-league I would hope that they had a trial and played a game or 2 for us before we committed.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    If they are not costing much then you have nothing to lose.
    Is there a L2 limit on squad size?

Of course we need at least 2 if not 3 decent experienced strikers but there is no harm in giving this lad a trial to see how he performs against professionals

I've just noticed that Lee Shaw is on trial with Lincoln City and expected to appear against Norwich City tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by durhampie View Post
    Can he play on the wing ? because if we did by any chance sign him then thats where they would play him..
    Give it a rest prat. Think KN has forgotten more than you’ll ever know.

Quote Originally Posted by TouchEm View Post
    Give it a rest prat. Think KN has forgotten more than you’ll ever know.
    So does Pep and Southgate but it doesn't stop people slagging off Sterling all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Redrag View Post
    I've just noticed that Lee Shaw is on trial with Lincoln City and expected to appear against Norwich City tonight.
    He came on as a second half sub in their 3 1 home defeat to Norwich. I know it's only a friendly but I do love to see the ch imps get beaten. Nasty bullying time wasters..

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast