+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Burke & Aborah

Burke & Aborah

Some news of two ex notts players now playing here in the league of Ireland making headlines for different reasons. Graham Burke has played himself into the Irish squad whereas Stanley, barely back from a 4 match ban for his part in a brawl got himself another straight red last week

Thanks for the update. Burke was always a bit of an enigma, he had a bit of quality about him and could deliver a good ball, but he drifted out of games too often to make me think we would miss him. An even bigger enigma is Mr Aborah, and most regulars on here will know my thoughts on him - technically gifted, but the heart of a mouse and ultimately a waste of a shirt. I know he ended up at Waterford in the League of Ireland Premier Division, but it's surprising that he has a poor disciplinary record because he never really got stuck in at Notts. Out of interest, could you give us an idea of the level he's now playing at compared to League 2?

It’s hard to compare but I would say that the top teams at least certainly better than league 2. Several players from Dundalk and Cork have gone to the Championship in the last couple of years and have done well. Shamrock Rovers and Dundalk have played in the group stages of the Europa League, Rovers about 8 years ago, didn’t disgrace themselves and Dundalk a couple of years ago were unlucky not to qualify for the knockouts.

The Republic of Ireland national team pool must be seriously shallow!

Quote Originally Posted by jackal2 View Post
    The Republic of Ireland national team pool must be seriously shallow!
    You hit the nail on the head there Jackal, our national team is fast becoming a joke now, we have a manager "Martin O'Neill" who is so far out of touch with the modern game its depressing, we simply don't need a midfield because its total hoofball and its awful to watch... as for Burke and Stanley, I live beside Waterford and they are doing very well in the league of Ireland at the moment, Burke has been a stand out player in the league this season for rovers and I have seen him play a few times, you don't have to be a world beater to play in the LOI but he has looked excellent when I have seen him, here's the highlights of when Burke played against Stanley just a few weeks ago.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=w0IKk8dGV0w

I always hoped Burke could fulfill his potential with us. In flashes he looked brilliant and capable of creating and scoring goals (ie when we played Villa in the cup). But unfortunately he had at least 5 poor games for every decent one here.

Lest we forget....Sir Stanley watches on too

http://www.the42.ie/graham-burke-not...29304-Sep2015/

Always liked Burke, the kind of player Keith Curle would have made look brilliant imo, if you put him in the number 10 role, don't ask him to defend (so you need to consider that in your team) and give him the ball as much as possible then he would excel. His goal against Villa is one of my favourite's that I've seen in person, we were right behind it and watched it curve all the way.

I'm amazed Burke is doing well to be honest. He clearly had technical ability, but he didn't look up to it physically. He looked like he was running through treacle half the time. Also, he's one of those luxury players that makes you change the system just to accommodate him.

Aborah was a better player, but clearly had massive issues in terms of his attitude. One of those players that will never ever change.

Burke has just scored for Rep of Ireland v USA to make it 1-1. Pleased for him as thought he had talent but didn't think he would be scoring in International games.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast