+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Goalkeepers Win You Games

Goalkeepers Win You Games

Someone said that i forget who.

But i bet Klopps first new player will be a new goalkeeper.

Bit of a dissaster for the Scouser's tonite,gifted the game to Real.

Poor Mo i was reyt looking forward to watchin him tonite,and i just switched on and he's walking off in tears.

its klopps own fault. been stubborn over criticism of keepers when he he should have just gone and signed somebody ..... anybody

Totally agree with OP.
    Build from the back and spend as much as you can on the best keeper you can afford,(Jam please come back on a permanent).
    Then get the best CB then CF. A solid spine is the default necessary position then build from that. A certain B. Clough did that and didn't do too shabbily.

I was saying this 3 years ago, take a look.

Oops sorry, the goons at Footymad have wiped all the records.

Totally agree, Cloughy (Brian) was spot on. The keeper is the most important position in a team.

It certainly helps if they don't chuck the ball in the net.

There's a stat I saw earlier that poor Karius hadn't made a single mistake in his last 32 games, until last night. C'est la vie, eh..?

Quote Originally Posted by FatherKnowsBest View Post
    It certainly helps if they don't chuck the ball in the net.

There's a stat I saw earlier that poor Karius hadn't made a single mistake in his last 32 games, until last night. C'est la vie, eh..?
    Dint ya say you wunt be watchin Pops? Salah's injury was just as destructive to the Scousers chances as the keepers mistakes(well almost)I thought Andy Robertson had a r8 game for Liverpool. UTCB

Quote Originally Posted by rodcurrie View Post
    Dint ya say you wunt be watchin Pops? Salah's injury was just as destructive to the Scousers chances as the keepers mistakes(well almost)I thought Andy Robertson had a r8 game for Liverpool. UTCB
    Didn't watch Rod. Scanned the match report on BBC today.

I gave my thoughts about keepers on the villa-Fulham thread it is the most important position on the pitch mistakes are magnified a thousand fold as they usually result in a goal and people remember the mistakes more than the saves which they expect the keepers to make,George suffered from this with our kop they lost confidence in him and there's only one result when that happens. Felt for the guy last night cos what ever he achieves in the future he will carry this about now for the rest of his life never mind career,he will always be known as the keeper that threw away the final (which is a shame as it's overshadowing bales wonder goal) I think it will be liverpools top priority now to find a suitable keeper and I can see them spending big

could see them going for butland as for jamal really hope he comes back but can only see us being able to go for a loan again dont think chris would spend 2.5 on a keeper even though i think hes worth it down to tufty that one

well the 2 alternatives to jamal appear to be danny ward of liverpool or dean henderson from man utd the latter is only 21 so for me ward has to be the one if we cant get jamal back

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast