+ Visit Barnsley FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FAO Pass N Move

FAO Pass N Move

I don't know if tha in to Rugby League but anyway it's a good watch either way .

Documentary on BBCI Player called " Rugby League's Legendary Watersplash Final " marking 50 years since the Challenge Cup final between Leeds and Wakefield Trinity .

The game was played in torrential rain and had a ending that still haunts us Trinity fans to this day .

Highly recommended mate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    I don't know if tha in to Rugby League but anyway it's a good watch either way .

Documentary on BBCI Player called " Rugby League's Legendary Watersplash Final " marking 50 years since the Challenge Cup final between Leeds and Wakefield Trinity .

The game was played in torrential rain and had a ending that still haunts us Trinity fans to this day .

Highly recommended mate .
    Cheers mate. I wouldn't say I was mad on rugby but I certainly respect it and what's involved. Al gi it a watch though mi owd

No probs mate .

Well mate a wo lookin thru programmes on BBC iPlayer and a couple caught my eye first afooar a found that rugby one tha told me abart. I downloaded em and I've just watched one called 'kenny' which is about king Kenny Dalgleish and his career. Dunt know if thaz already sin it but it's well worth a watch. Made me quite emotional I have to say. What a man and what a player.

Al get ararnd to watching others and let thi know warra think in due course

Thanks for that mate and I'll certainly give that a watch , cheers .

Quote Originally Posted by pass_and_move View Post
    Well mate a wo lookin thru programmes on BBC iPlayer and a couple caught my eye first afooar a found that rugby one tha told me abart. I downloaded em and I've just watched one called 'kenny' which is about king Kenny Dalgleish and his career. Dunt know if thaz already sin it but it's well worth a watch. Made me quite emotional I have to say. What a man and what a player.

Al get ararnd to watching others and let thi know warra think in due course
    Feckin hell pass that put a lump in my old throat , great watch , excellent mate , thanks for that .

Just watched watersplash final mate. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Bizarre conditions to say the least and an amazing finale. Tha cant help but feel for Don Fox. Poor blowk ed to live wi that miss. What struck me were the high feelings over that ridiculous penalty try and 50years later it clearly still rankles both players and supporters. I also wasnt aware how successful wakey were back then.

Thanks mate for recommending it

Just watched watersplash final mate. Thoroughly enjoyed it. Bizarre conditions to say the least and an amazing finale. Tha cant help but feel for Don Fox. Poor blowk ed to live wi that miss. What struck me were the high feelings over that ridiculous penalty try and 50years later it clearly still rankles both players and supporters. I also wasnt aware how successful wakey were back then.

Thanks mate for recommending it
    No problem mate .

Yes we were a very successful club in the 60's and gates of 30k were common at Belle Vue during that period .

We've never reached those heights since , our last Challenge Cup final appearance was in 1979 which was lost narrowly to Widnes and we've only managed a paltry two semi finals since .

During the 80's and 90's we spent more time in the second tier than the top but since Super League was born in 1995 we've played every season bar the very first one .

If I see us lift the Challenge Cup before I depart this earth I will be a very happy man , getting beyond ridiculous now that Trinity haven't at least made the final in 39 years , make that 40 given our loss the other week to Huddersfield .

We live in hope mate .

Quote Originally Posted by animallittle3 View Post
    No problem mate .

Yes we were a very successful club in the 60's and gates of 30k were common at Belle Vue during that period .

We've never reached those heights since , our last Challenge Cup final appearance was in 1979 which was lost narrowly to Widnes and we've only managed a paltry two semi finals since .

During the 80's and 90's we spent more time in the second tier than the top but since Super League was born in 1995 we've played every season bar the very first one .

If I see us lift the Challenge Cup before I depart this earth I will be a very happy man , getting beyond ridiculous now that Trinity haven't at least made the final in 39 years , make that 40 given our loss the other week to Huddersfield .

We live in hope mate .

Good luck pal, as I say I've never followed it but definitely respect the game. It'd be nice to see wakey win it one day

Good luck pal, as I say I've never followed it but definitely respect the game. It'd be nice to see wakey win it one day
    I get along maybe 3 or 4 times a season to Belle Vue , generally for at least one of the Cas games and Leeds .

Nice summers day or evening watching committed lads giving their all and a pint in your hand , what's not to like .

If you get up close the hits and sheer physicality are unbelievable , if a player goes down you know he's hurt .

To be fair to Chris Chester the coach he's doing remarkably well despite the budget , we are very inconsistent , we beat St Helens recently who look to be the best side this season and then the week after lost at Huddersfield who are really poor .

Another monkey on my back mate !!!

:-) :-)

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast