+ Visit Aston Villa FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Now the dust has settled

Now the dust has settled

Big disappointment yesterday as all our expectations were high. A poor first half undid us but we rarely rested their goalkeeper in the second half either. Fulham proved to be the better team and to be honest, have been over the course of the season too, so good luck to them.

We have proved to be not quite good enough but I prefer to look at it with a positive spin. When you think where we were a couples of seasons ago, in free fall, a total disconnect between players and fans, to reach the play offs was as achievement in itself. Bruce may well play with negative tactics but he has turned this club around. We were in a very similar situation to Sunderland and could easily have experienced what is happening there.

So we have come up short, a lot of the loan players will be leaving and a change of direction will happen. But football will go on, matches will still be played and we still have quality players in Kodja, Chester, Adoma, Hourihane et al and even Jack may well stay for another season. I think only a bid from one of the top six would lure him away from his beloved Villa and, good as he is, I’m not sure he would get consistent game time at those clubs.

It will also be a chance for our younger players to emerge and we have some exciting talent there with Green and O’Hare to name just a couple. The likes of Bree, Hogan and Lansbury may also make their claim.

I’m optimistic for the future and this time next season could well be promoted with a younger and ultimately stronger squad.

Chin up guys, another roller coaster season in the Championship which, let’s face it has been fun. Keep the support coming and, as ever, UTV!

You have to question Bruce, just throwing all the forwards on late in the game was exactly what lamburke did in the Bradford semi home game.

All the forwards being similar in game and stature.

Surely he could have put terry, with his aerial presence up there for the final 10 minutes.

I'm good with us going the youth route, but it will mean struggling for the next two seasons. How many fans will start turning on these kids and how many will stop showing up?

If the fans stayed behind the club no matter what we could build something big, but all the fans do is infight. It was ridiculous after beating Boro! Just because of a pitch invasion.

The pitch invasion certainly was a divisive issue, we'd won nothing and risk a hefty fine - the gloating towards Boro's travelling fans shows a lack of class. Look at the Real Madrid players consoling Liverpool's losing finalists.

I agree States that the infighting is big problem with us, some people can't seem to grasp that football is all about opinions and everyone has one. On Twitter a fan has commented that yesterday after clapping the players at the end he was shoved and spat on - we should all be able to disagree with each other with respect. I wonder why some even go to games as they moan no matter what.

Wcv, get to admit you are absolutely correct about you lot celebrating when nothing has been achieved.

I remember being at your place when you beat us in fa cup qf and you lot celebrated like you'd won the world cup and premier league.

Your fans also assaulted some of our players trying to get off the pitch.

Yes BB and your lot hurled seats down at fans seated below them including women & kids as well as vandalism in the concourse. I'm not excusing the behaviour of some of our support in any way here btw, just making the point that it's down to individuals and not the rest of us. All clubs have their idiots.

Indeed we do wcv.

They were on about your game on talksport earlier today, and the opinion Mike parry and Co presenter was they sensed that like Prince William, you guys had a sense of entitlement yesterday.

Like i said before on here the exact same thing happened to us 10 years ago so I know the pain of so close but no cigar.

Next season should be fun in tier two. Both our teams will be rebuilt and another hard slog will begin.

Fair play - at least you have 2 seasons of parachute payments to work with, for us this next season is going to be a massive challenge to compete as the loanees will be gone and I suspect Grealish will be snapped up. He's the player everyone loves to hate but his talent is there for all to see.

Rumour is Leicester want him for 20m, so he may have to go whether he wants to or not.

The second tier is about getting the right combination of freed, tested prem players like James Collins with the best young talent on loan from the top 6 clubs like tammy Abraham at Bristol city, the year before last.

To say green and o'hare will rescue you is pie in the sky Imo.

And All this stuff about the second tier is harder to get out of since we last there is bull too, as it has always been hard and always will be.

We came down under God Megson and the next season lost our first game to Walsall 4 nil.

And what you say of your budget is not the death knell as Fulham went up in the 4th year, not that I want you to go up, of course.

Same old coward.

Have a conversation on here but slag the villa posters off on your board. Daren't do it on here.....

What a complete tosser, bully, coward.

Reckon I'll look you up next time I'm back in the Midlands.

I'll let you know.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)