+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: MillersMad Wembley Matchthread - The Millers v Shrewsbury

MillersMad Wembley Matchthread - The Millers v Shrewsbury

You have to look back at when Ronnie Moore took over years ago. I mean when a good number of our supporters weren't even swimming about in the sack of daddy!
    The story started when Rotherham United were suffering their longest spell in the old fourth division. An old bloke who had come in to save the club some years earlier seemed to many to be running the club down seemingly wanting the whole site of RUFC for his scrap metal business.
    An old striker of ours was leading Southport in to a return to the good times when he was poached to become the new Rotherham United manager. Ronnie Moore came home and with him came fresh hope. The papers went wild! Mugs and tee-shirts were printed ant the banners were hung! Could our fortunes change?
    Desperate for money to spend on players he looked at the youth set up and saw that a young Matty Hamshaw was making an impression at schoolboy level. He and Mr. Boothe invited MH and his dad in for a chat with the intension fo him signing a contract to become the youngest player for The Millers. The club made it clear that they would play him in view to selling him but it was too late other offers had been made to him and he was one who slipped through the net.
    As the team was put together three other players became Millers and the team under Ronnie Moore became a success! And were they? 2 promotions later and loads of ferking moaning from Pardew who was managing at Reading because he had a better team than us and should have gone into the Championship that season! Mardy Git! Reading went one to buy one of our stars Kevin Watson so we weren't all bad were we Pardew?
    What he didn't have were Paul Warne, Richie Barker and Mike Pollit amoungst some new era legends of the club. The connection is there!
    Thanks to Ronnie Moore we had some fantastic success and those 3 and the one that got away Matt Hamshaw are now leading our team into the Wembley stadium today. Against the odds those four have turned this club around with the help of another legand who has been there the first time with Moore and now today helping out behind the scenes when needed. One of our greatest ever left backs and another club legend Ian Brecking!

We are up against a Shrewsbury team than have had survival snatched from definate relegation not more than 12 months ago. This team we face have been the shock of the league this season! They have even named a the raod leading to their ground after the manager (well the fans have any way).
    Paul Hurst is there manager and another one of the Ronnie Moore team who did so much for the club. In fact Hursty couldn't be kept out of the team even when the likes of Scott Minto was signed. The man is a miniture tipical sized left back but a giant! A Millers legend who is up with Breckin when you talk of left backs at our club. Is he alone strong enough to out think and out battle The Millers Four?

Well today there has to be a winner! There hasn't been a draw between us this season and both teams have been into the back yard of the others and taken the spoils!

The spoils are bigger than three points today! They're for the final place in the Championship!

Sing load and proud and be forever Millers!

COME ON YOU REDS!!!!!!

Looking forward to this guys and expecting a really tight game .

Score first and I think you will do it .

Best of luck guys .

The team news is out and we're playing with Smith on his own up front

Rodak;
    Emmanuel,
    Ajayi,
    Wood,
    Mattock;
    Taylor,
    Vaulks,
    Towell,
    Newell;
    Ball,
    Smith.

SUBS
    Price,
    Cummings,
    Purrington,
    Forde,
    almer,
    Williams,
    Lavery.

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    The team news is out and we're playing with Smith on his own up front
    No we're not. Ball is playing.

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    No we're not. Ball is playing.
    I'm seeing things that aren't there! Or not seeing things that are! Cheers Mellow I feel nervous as hell!

Quote Originally Posted by frogmiller View Post
    I'm seeing things that aren't there! Or not seeing things that are! Cheers Mellow I feel nervous as hell!
    You're not on your own Froggie. I'm more nervous than a nervous thing 😊

http://cricfree.sc/iframe/portu/p1.php

Here's a link if anyone needs one.

Come on

Morning Frog'n'all! Overcast cool morning here in San Francisco. Birds are singing in my garden but my brain is somewhere to the west of London with the 15000 Millers fans limbering up for this game.

Nice opening post, by the way, Frog. We owe Ronnie a debt of gratitude for assembling what was a strong footballing side and what turned into formidable coaching and managerial talent.

Right, I'm off to tune the cat's whisker on me crystal set...

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast