+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: O/T Be careful what you say and where you say it

Quote Originally Posted by drillerpie View Post
    On the link below is the Guardian article about a very similar story from February when he got a 3 month suspended sentence, so I think it's unfair to say they are wilfully covering this kind of thing up.

I would recommend reading the article as it seems to explain why he is clearly in contravention of laws forbidding filming people during a trial and broadcasting live during a trial in such a way as may affect the outcome.

He seems an intelligent man so it all makes me wonder if he was hoping to be arrested - he could've expressed the same message in a different place at a different time without being arrested.

Having watched the video leading up to Robinson's arrest I'd say the behaviour of the suspects in the trial was disgusting and Robinson had a point re the pushing / death threat double standards.

https://www.theguardian.com/law/2018...obinson-videos
    OK.....I understand your arguments but a few points

Other sources in this country ARE reporting the story. A quick Google search shows the Independent, the Sun, The Metro...all running the story....it seems to me that the Beeb and the Guardian have decided to ignore it themselves, not even reporting the demonstrations.

Secondly, Tommy was trying to film outside the court on a public highway.....how is that in any way affecting the trial?.....I have seen many many cases where people are filmed going into court....it seems to me that the "system" is being overly PC in trying to protect these defendants, mainly because of their ethnicity......which was the high-profile case, subsequently dismissed, where we had a BBC helicopter in the air filming police raiding the guy's estate....Cliff Richard?

It seems to me that if it is a rich white guy there is one rule....but a bunch of Asian taxi-drivers and we have attempted media black-outs.....it does not seem fair to me, that's all

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    Poor old Magpie Tony. How can you stand to live in a country that's only a faux democracy and doesn't allow you true freedom of speech? Give Trump's United Snakes a try.
    I am increasingly disillusioned by politicians who ignore the electorate who elected them to office and ultimately pay their wages. They do this in preference of their own agendas and even worse, the agendas of foreign dictatorial powers who have absolutely no interest in Britain or its people. To achieve these diktats, our puppet politicians are prepared to sacrifice our laws, way of life, welfare and ultimately our safety in order to secure their own position. Those who would seek to expose their self seeking hypocrisy are marginalised and silenced.

As for the USA and Donald Trump, heaven forbid that we should be unfortunate enough to have a political leader who was fully committed to delivering on the manifesto promises he made and by which he was duly elected. How would we cope?

Im shocked at how little publicity this has got on the main news, I only saw that it had happened last night on Youtube.
    Whether we like or dislike Yaxley-Lennon (Robinson), hes more intelligent than what most people give him credit for, and he knows what to say and how to push all the right or wrong buttons when he confronts them.
    I find this unbelievable that within just a few hours of him being dragged off the streets of Leeds and into the police van, he had gone to court and been sentenced to 13 months in prison!!. And for what exactly, he wasnt rioting or attacking anybody was he.

Quote Originally Posted by tarquinbeech View Post

Other sources in this country ARE reporting the story. A quick Google search shows the Independent, the Sun, The Metro...all running the story....it seems to me that the Beeb and the Guardian have decided to ignore it themselves, not even reporting the demonstrations.

Secondly, Tommy was trying to film outside the court on a public highway.....how is that in any way affecting the trial?.....I have seen many many cases where people are filmed going into court....it seems to me that the "system" is being overly PC in trying to protect these defendants, mainly because of their ethnicity......which was the high-profile case, subsequently dismissed, where we had a BBC helicopter in the air filming police raiding the guy's estate....Cliff Richard?

It seems to me that if it is a rich white guy there is one rule....but a bunch of Asian taxi-drivers and we have attempted media black-outs.....it does not seem fair to me, that's all
    ......and to fully illustrate my point, here is the Guardian giving a full story about Darren Osbourne 6 MONTHS BEFORE HE WAS TRIED IN COURT for murdering the one Muslim outside Finsbury Park mosque......named, shamed and literally tried BEFORE he was even charged!!...thereby exposing his friends and family to possible revenge attacks....how is that fair?

Tommy gets arrested and jailed for filming outside the court (on the day of sentencing according to him on the video) whereas the Guardian can release the picture and plenty of personal details of a white suspect, 6 months before the trial.....it's bonkers

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-critical-care

Quote Originally Posted by Acido View Post
    Im shocked at how little publicity this has got on the main news, I only saw that it had happened last night on Youtube.
    Whether we like or dislike Yaxley-Lennon (Robinson), hes more intelligent than what most people give him credit for, and he knows what to say and how to push all the right or wrong buttons when he confronts them.
    I find this unbelievable that within just a few hours of him being dragged off the streets of Leeds and into the police van, he had gone to court and been sentenced to 13 months in prison!!. And for what exactly, he wasnt rioting or attacking anybody was he.
    He will appeal and I agree it seems harsh (13 months) but he knew he was on a suspended sentence and what the punishment was if found guilty. I would suggest that he knows exactly what he's doing: inciting a riot - which is exactly why the BBC and the Guardian are not covering it.

Yes you're right it is in several papers now. The supporter I mentioned said that Robinson's friends and family were deleting the video of his arrest as they didn't want to break the reporting restrictions. I'm not sure what's going on there. There are a lot of articles on the Guardian about Tommy Robinson so I'm inclined to give them the benefit of the doubt and wait and see if they write about it belatedly.

Point taken about Cliff Richard, although that was a one off if I recall correctly. I mean it's not standard procedure.

As per the article I linked to, a jury is supposed to judge a case solely on the evidence presented in court. If the defence lawyer can prove that jurors' judgement has been influenced by other factors the trial will collapse, so you can see why they can do without Tommy Robinson broadcasting live from outside the court giving an hour and a half seminar on grooming gangs.

Just record it and broadcast it after the verdict, no?

Sidders, I suppose it can be looked at as inciting or trying to incite a riot, once he gets his teeth into something like this he just won't let go will he.
    But whether hes right or wrong to do what he does, isn't most of or all of what he says actually true ?.

......and to fully illustrate my point, here is the Guardian giving a full story about Darren Osbourne 6 MONTHS BEFORE HE WAS TRIED IN COURT for murdering the one Muslim outside Finsbury Park mosque......named, shamed and literally tried BEFORE he was even charged!!...thereby exposing his friends and family to possible revenge attacks....how is that fair?

Tommy gets arrested and jailed for filming outside the court (on the day of sentencing according to him on the video) whereas the Guardian can release the picture and plenty of personal details of a white suspect, 6 months before the trial.....it's bonkers

https://www.theguardian.com/uk-news/...-critical-care
    I'm not being funny but if you don't use shouty capitals I'll still read it and still realise it's an important word or part of sentence. Same goes for overly emotive language.

In the spirit of the new NCM let's try to have a calm and rational debate which helps us arrive at the truth.

Regarding named and shamed I think it's fairly normal to give the names of people on trial regardless of skin colour, in the absence of reporting restrictions, which is nothing to do with the Guardian.

Revenge attacks on his friends is a bit of poetic licence on your part, I'm not aware of anything like that happening (or how it could happen).

My understanding as per my previous post is that the judge has to be satisfied that the jury are basing their decision solely on the info given in the courtroom. If the information given in the article you linked to (name, age, motive, accomplices) is the same info given in court I imagine it's fine.

I think you are digressing off my original point.
    What is happening in this country?

It seems ok to target individuals, using free speech and then punish them.
    Yet others appear to be let off scott free, without so much as a murmur?

Be it the people committing really serious crimes, that are being swept under the carpet. Or individuals using social media in the same way as TR is accused, with more serious computations.
    Sid is accusing TR of inciting a riot.
    How would you characterize this?
    This man gave out what he thought was TR address, knowing full well some Islamic nut job would try to carry out threats on the Robinson family.
    In the event, he got the address wrong and the poor family living there, are now under 24 hr police watch.
    Has there been repercussions against Ali Dawah? No there hasn't.

https://www.therebel.media/tommy_rob...families_lives

So I'll say again, what exactly is going on here?

I know exactly what your saying Tricky, especially when it involves the likes of Ali Dawah and his bodybuilder/fighter bodyguard etc.
    Dawah is basically the same & opposite version of Tommy isn't he, if that makes sense!.

It worries me here that Tommy could end up getting bumped off here in prison during this 13 month spell, because apparently there are a lot of 'gangs' in prisons these days who are opposed to him and his views. Will he be placed as a high security inmate, or whatever that means ?.
    Last edited by Acido; 27-05-2018 at 06:00 PM.

Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast