+ Visit Queen of the South FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Junior Cup Final . . .

Junior Cup Final . . .

live on Alba TV at 4pm today sees ex - Queens players Tommy Sloan and Darren Henderson in the opposing manager's camps - Auchinleck Talbot and Hurlford United. Tucker has been at the 'Bot since 2003 and also played with his rival
    Dazza in the senior ranks down at the Cleyhole.

What an ending to the game

Quote Originally Posted by arrol1919 View Post
    What an ending to the game
    Had to feel some sympathy for Hurlford's captain the old Stranraer (and also the village people) war horse Alan Jenkins -
    to go from 2 -1 up in the 91st minute to lose 3-2 when the whistle went 3 minutes later was a gigantic kick in the conjones. Both goals came from corners and tbh the central Hurlford defence reminded me of Queens inability to defend set pieces last season Tommy Sloan's Auchinleck team netting with 3 headers.

Alan Jenkins also played for Queens other rivals Gretna too.

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Alan Jenkins also played for Queens other rivals Gretna too.
    Wise up son - you must have heard Gretna FC referred as the '' village people '' by Queens fans ! !

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Wise up son - you must have heard Gretna FC referred as the '' village people '' by Queens fans ! !
    I have yes. I misread that part.

Auchinleck blew the chance of doing the cup and league double when despite being 2 goals up against local rivals Cumnock they
    could only draw the game which let Beith in to clinch the title. Wee Paul Burns laid on the first 'Nock goal and another ex - Queens
    player the combative Stephen McKenna was, as usuai, a tower of strength in midfield.

Quote Originally Posted by Ftivano1 View Post
    Auchinleck blew the chance of doing the cup and league double when despite being 2 goals up against local rivals Cumnock they
    could only draw the game which let Beith in to clinch the title. Wee Paul Burns laid on the first 'Nock goal and another ex - Queens
    player the combative Stephen McKenna was, as usuai, a tower of strength in midfield.

I think Paul Burns ( centre of the photo ) & the Cumnock supporters rather enjoyed the moment

Never realised Stephen McKenna was back home playing in the Ayrshire Juniors. I was sitting with Burner at Lyle's testimonial dinner at Ibrox, so yes he must of enjoyed that moment!

Quote Originally Posted by ALBERTZ_11 View Post
    Never realised Stephen McKenna was back home playing in the Ayrshire Juniors. I was sitting with Burner at Lyle's testimonial dinner at Ibrox, so yes he must of enjoyed that moment!

What planet do you live on ?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)