+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Pearce

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    Not really what i was getting at WTF. Sort of meant, that if we can make the club attractive to others, why can't we make it attractive enough to keep Pearce?
    Maybe both coming at the same issue.from different perspectives.

We.will only make the club attractive to the likes of Pearce and other home grown when we ditch the policy of buying cheap dross from abroad.

he is not tied down to a contract , thats how bright these idiots are that are running the club , if he was on a contract you might get summat for him, as it is now we will get nowt . sacko and cooper are on three and four year contracts, but nobody will touch them with a bargepole because they are ****e. the guy as only been playing five minutes and his attracting interest already , simply because he is three levels above the rest of the rest of the dross that is already here.

Quote Originally Posted by Billyni View Post
    So how come we can convince dozens of foreign youngsters to sign for us and we cant do the same with Pearce?
    The players you refer to would have been cheap to get to Leeds, even though for them it was probably a big pay day. The loan deals for Lassogga and Pennington wouldn't have been converted into transfers (even if they were waling on water, which neither are) unless they were prepared to take big wage cuts.

Pearce has had the attention of PL clubs, and that means a wage deal in the £000s/week bracket. If you were his age, and someone offers you £20-30k/week and the prospect of PL exposure (not to say regular starts), compared to whatever Leeds may or may not have put on the table, playing in a side that is currently made up of mainly not very good cheap imports, some home grown talent, and a few really good players who are also probably looking at their options, what would you do?

To be attractive to Pearce and others who are having the PL "rule" passed over them, the club needs to show by its actions, not just warm words and some boardroom soft shuffle, that they mean to do whatever it takes to get promotion. Otherwise those who can leave just might, and those that no-one wants will make up next seasons 1st team.

Quote Originally Posted by Marley past ghosts View Post
    he is not tied down to a contract , thats how bright these idiots are that are running the club , if he was on a contract you might get summat for him, as it is now we will get nowt . sacko and cooper are on three and four year contracts, but nobody will touch them with a bargepole because they are ****e. the guy as only been playing five minutes and his attracting interest already , simply because he is three levels above the rest of the rest of the dross that is already here.
    A contract has been agreed between him & the club which is due to be signed when he returns from duty with the England u21s.

Quote Originally Posted by costa_blanca_white View Post
    A contract has been agreed between him & the club which is due to be signed when he returns from duty with the England u21s.
    That may be true but if I were the owner of a football club I'd get someone in management flying out to him to give him the contract to sign there and then. Whilst-ever it isn't signed he can still easily turn round and say no. This is the modern era, for the sake of £300 return flights you'd think they'd just get it sorted if that was truly all that needed doing, the fact they haven't makes it evident to me that it isn't the case that it is just a case of putting pen to paper.

Quote Originally Posted by joellufcprice View Post
    That may be true but if I were the owner of a football club I'd get someone in management flying out to him to give him the contract to sign there and then. Whilst-ever it isn't signed he can still easily turn round and say no. This is the modern era, for the sake of £300 return flights you'd think they'd just get it sorted if that was truly all that needed doing, the fact they haven't makes it evident to me that it isn't the case that it is just a case of putting pen to paper.
    If it is correct then it indicates he has a good relationship with the club and they don't doubt his intentions; If they were in doubt I think they would be on the plane - there again, as I am sure someone may point out, they may just not care what he does... who knows.

How many games has he played?

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)