+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

Thread: Rovrum

Quote Originally Posted by GrayBlade View Post
    Us and the Pigs lumped together at 25/1 for the title and 8/1 for promotion.

No idea why the likes of Brum and Bristol’s odds are lower than ours, somebody obviously backing them.

https://www.oddschecker.com/football...ason-promotion
    Why anyone would take such a bet before the end of the transfer window, is beyond me.
    Indeed, I would even suggest waiting until we are a few games into the season - just to see how the new recruits are fitting in.

Quote Originally Posted by RonnieWaldock View Post
    Why anyone would take such a bet before the end of the transfer window, is beyond me.
    Indeed, I would even suggest waiting until we are a few games into the season - just to see how the new recruits are fitting in.
    Totally agree Ronnie, I can only assume it’s to get better odds, although anybody who were patient enough could have got 14/1 on Fulham to go up before they played us at the Lane. I wish I’d lumped a few quid on them after watching thst game.

Yes we all missed a trick there gray, I looked at Sunderland to finish bottom after we played em at the lane cos they were by far the worst team I'd seen but the bookies had caught up with em by then,that's the trick to try and get ahead of them and that's why folk back teams now although I'm with you Ronnie it's a proper gamble a bit like roulette I like to have as much info as possible to help out cos I need all the help I can get

Quote Originally Posted by bulmer1889 View Post
    Yes we all missed a trick there gray, I looked at Sunderland to finish bottom after we played em at the lane cos they were by far the worst team I'd seen but the bookies had caught up with em by then,that's the trick to try and get ahead of them and that's why folk back teams now although I'm with you Ronnie it's a proper gamble a bit like roulette I like to have as much info as possible to help out cos I need all the help I can get
    You and me too Bully. The problem is by the time we’ve weighed up the odds the odds are crap.

Looks a lot scarier than last yr don't you think

Attachment 9611
    I think there might be a handful of upper Championship clubs that might not do as well as expected, due to them having to offload some of their high earners. FFP has caught up with them

We however, still have some scope and an opportunity therefore to close the gap a little. On that basis, I think we could surpise a few clubs again next season

yeah was thinking the same 58 6 to 8 clubs including piggies got to be very careful with ffp there big spending days are over for a couple of seasons and thats got to be good for us as a progressive but sensible club utb ftp

I doubt we'll surprise anyone next season 58 teams are goin to know what they are goin to get when they face us and they know they're going to have to work their socks off to get anything. Doesn't mean they're goin to stop us though

Derby pigs and villa are 3 that have to watch the pennies although a lot of Derby fans are looking forward to a change in tac as they're saying throwing money at it didn't work so let's try the youth option

Derby pigs and villa are 3 that have to watch the pennies although a lot of Derby fans are looking forward to a change in tac as they're saying throwing money at it didn't work so let's try the youth option
    Well it’s clear what the Arrogants tactics will be next season,hoof it up to that lump whose just signed a new contract,and get 9 men behind the ball

I do find it a little amusing, how the youth option is being seen as the way to go, particularly by those Clubs who have chucked money at it and failed........They say it as though it's all part of a plan.......BS it's purely down to gambling big and losing.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast