+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Wembley Post Match Thoughts

Quote Originally Posted by brassgnat View Post
    Watched match on TV. Apart from first 20 minutes of 2nd half, Rotherham dominated the match, should have been 3-1 at 90 minutes.
    Always worried we might chuck it away despite being on top, with not scoring more goals and some cock up at the back. Our fitness and being able to keep going better than opponents towards back end of games has made a big difference this season.
    Been to the match. We deserved to win and should have won by a bigger margin. MoM Wood (of course), good performances from just about all the team, although not a great penalty from Ball. Newell started to stretch the Shrews defence more and more as the game went on. Smith led the line well, but our midfielders should have given him more support/passing options .Rodak looked solid, though didn't have much to do. Ajayi DID put the ball into Row Z when he needed to (phew!). Towell was eager to get involved in the action for the whole 90 minutes. The Shrews were flagging a bit in the heat by the end, but we still looked strong.

Got you a programme, Brass
    Last edited by mikemiller; 27-05-2018 at 08:34 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    Been at the match. We deserved to win and should have won by a bigger margin. MoM Wood (of course), good performances from just about all the team, although not a great penalty from Ball. Newell started to stretch the Shrews defence more and more as the match went on. Rodak looked solid, though didn't have much to do. The Shrews were flagging a bit in the heat by the end.

Got you a programme, Brass
    Set his team up very well did Warney , the introduction of Williams was a master stroke who then ran the legs off an already tiring Shrews defence .

I thought we were absolutely ace and just feel really proud of all of them, we’ve got no a*seholses in the squad, for all the usual talk about heart and desire we’ve got lots of skill, fitness and intelligence too and I can’t think of another manager I’d rather us have at the moment.

Only thing that spoiled it was getting back to my lass’s in Putney, SW London and soon as I get off the train two flippin Wednesday fans come up to me! Can’t win em all haha

bad penalty right height and near the goalkeeper was far to casual in his run up.

luckily the team got him out the hole

We should have been out of sight at halftime,apart from their goal which was well setup I thought they were poor.

Hey Mike I wish I could be talking more on here about our Yorkie crikkit club lol.
    But I can't do that can I, what exactly are we playing at right now as a County eh!!.

Quote Originally Posted by hotun View Post
    We should have been out of sight at halftime,apart from their goal which was well setup I thought they were poor.
    they was poor or we was that good.

I thought we steam trained them.

The defence was absolutely immense today - easily their best performance this year. And before you come on and say Shrewsbury
    were poor, you have to take account of the context. Considering Ajayi hasn't played much recently he was as solid as the proverbial rock. I feel so proud of everyone who made this possible that I get quite emotional.

A wonderful day for the fans.

Anyone else get shifted out of the seat they originally booked we were shunted around like sheep.

Quote Originally Posted by mygiddypant View Post
    The defence was absolutely immense today - easily their best performance this year. And before you come on and say Shrewsbury
    were poor, you have to take account of the context. Considering Ajayi hasn't played much recently he was as solid as the proverbial rock. I feel so proud of everyone who made this possible that I get quite emotional.

A wonderful day for the fans.
    They were poor for whatever reason,think we were far too strong for them,just our finishing that let us down.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast