+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456

Thread: Wembley Post Match Thoughts

Watched it when I got home and couldn’t understand how Beckles managed to get into L1 team of the season or was it that Wood was awesome. Could easily have been a couple more penalties. Also good to see Alex Revell there too.

Don't rate beckles. He's big and awkward and is good at pulling and pushing but doesn't have much skill.

Great day out.

Thought it was going to end badly after the penalty, but they going on the front foot. Didn't seem to affect Ball's game either.

All the players deserve credit, great team performance.

Good rehearsels of Wood's magic hat song in Jj Moons pre-match.

Sad for those that couldn't make it for various reasons. Met a bloke on the tube with his 2 lads who was in the middle of his holiday in cornwall.
    Last edited by PerigordMiller; 28-05-2018 at 11:33 AM.

I’d just like to add my hearty congratulations to the team for the way they played yesterday. We were the best team by a country mile and deservedly claimed our place in the Championship next season. Well done not only to Paul Warne, but to the entire entourage behind the team, infrastructure and club development. This is testament to ‘bouncebackability’ following the disaster of the previous season and should not be underappreciated.
    Last edited by poddington; 28-05-2018 at 10:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by poddington View Post
    I’d just like to add my hearty congratulations to the team for the way they played yesterday. We were the best team by a country mile and deservedly claimed our place in the Championship next season. Well done not only to Paul Warne, but to the entire entourage behind the team, infrastructure and development. This is testament to that old Wengerism - ‘bouncebackability’.
    Welcome back, Pod. I agree with your sentiments....actually I thought that "boucebackability" was a Gordon Strachan phrase , although he may have translated it from Alsace French
    Last edited by mikemiller; 28-05-2018 at 10:43 PM.

Thank you Mike, only a flying visit I’m afraid. I edited my post before you posted! I think Mr I. Dowie was the originator, but I remember Wenger using it. Good luck to the team again next season.

Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 456