+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattie Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Was it not 3-1 where we went a goal down then Eric Black scored the “perfect hat-trick” with a left foot, right foot & headed goal?
    Maybe my memory is playing tricks.
    No Cooper putting Nicholas up in the air was at pittodrie. The black hat trick was at parkhead. I was on the wee strip of terracing on the left we used to get stuck in. February 83 I think. Need to Google.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    No Cooper putting Nicholas up in the air was at pittodrie. The black hat trick was at parkhead. I was on the wee strip of terracing on the left we used to get stuck in. February 83 I think. Need to Google.
    Nah, the Nicholas in the air was definitely Parkhead.
    Just not sure if it was the Black hat-trick game.

Nicholas in the air was at Pittodrie

Nae prepared to argue aboot it

I was there

Terrible news,absolute tragedy.

The whole Beckenbauer story was when he played as a sweeper in a tournament for a Scottish youth team I believe.

That was his original position but he couldn’t play there for us because of Willie Miller but was too good to leave out the team so was converted into a midfielder.

Very sad to hear this news. Too young, too soon. Condolences to all.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

I was there
    Ok, fair enough.
    Doesn’t really matter anyway.
    Not tonight.

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post

I was there
    From the man himself.
    He laughed at an unofficial record never likely to feature on children’s television.

Cooper famously clattered Celtic’s Charlie Nicholas in the centre- circle — straight from kick-off.

‘I think that’s still a Scottish record for the quickest foul ever,’ he grinned. ‘It was Pittodrie, a full house, on telly — the whole shooting match.

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    From the man himself.
    He laughed at an unofficial record never likely to feature on children’s television.

Cooper famously clattered Celtic’s Charlie Nicholas in the centre- circle — straight from kick-off.

‘I think that’s still a Scottish record for the quickest foul ever,’ he grinned. ‘It was Pittodrie, a full house, on telly — the whole shooting match.
    👍

Sad, sad news. A lovely, lovely guy.

His cup final goal was the goal every fan wanted to score. His tackle on Charlie was superb. He was good mates with a few of the lads who played for the same team as me. Tattie and Bryan Gunn turned up at Hazlehead on sunny Saturday afternoon, browner than Jimmy C, bleached blonde locks flowing, bedecked all in white, including half mast trousers and slip on shoes.

I loved watching him warm up as a sub, especially with John Hewitt, the two of them laughing and joking all the time, two young lads playing for the team they loved. Living the dream.

Sad, very sad.

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    Sad, sad news. A lovely, lovely guy.

His cup final goal was the goal every fan wanted to score. His tackle on Charlie was superb. He was good mates with a few of the lads who played for the same team as me. Tattie and Bryan Gunn turned up at Hazlehead on sunny Saturday afternoon, browner than Jimmy C, bleached blonde locks flowing, bedecked all in white, including half mast trousers and slip on shoes.

I loved watching him warm up as a sub, especially with John Hewitt, the two of them laughing and joking all the time, two young lads playing for the team they loved. Living the dream.

Sad, very sad.
    Lovely man who always had time for a chat and was a fantastic player who should have full Scotland caps

January 1984 Rangers away sat in with the huns and Cooper comes on as a sub to be greeted by a great quote fae the hun sat next to me " f**k sake no him he was thrown oot the SAS for cruelty "

RIP Tattie

Page 7 of 13 FirstFirst ... 56789 ... LastLast