+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattie Cooper

Name:  IMG_1901.jpg
Views: 1664
Size:  89.0 KB

Great photo.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Just saw something on Twitter which seems apt tonight...

“Heroes get remembered... but legends never die”.

The first (& youngest) of the Gothenburg team to leave us.
    The same age as many posters on here. I had the pleasure of meeting him many times in those days as he lived next door to my sister. Always had time for everyone and never heard anyone say a bad word about him - even Charlie Nic was his mate! A true gentleman and the world is a worse place for his passing.

As a young boy growing up and idolising the Gothenburg team (I was born in 1976) I always thought the Gothenburg greats were immortal. Today's news is gutting. Not many Aberdeen players will ever have 2 league titles, 4 Scottish Cups, 1 League Cup, 1 European Cup Winners' Cup and 1 European Super Cup in their winning medal collection.

RIP Neale.

Hard to know what words to say.
    Incredibly sad news.

He may be gone & gone far too soon, but his legendary status will last longer than all of us.

RIP Neale Cooper.
    Aye, sums it up.

Remember him for the years of enjoyment and achievement he gave us.

Remember him for the plethora of stories regarding Fergie, and the way he told them.

Almost sounds like he is family.

I suppose, in a way, he is.

Sad sad fcucking day.

RIP, min

That sums it up well. Sad news, RIP Neale. Gutted.

Just an absolute tragedy. Like many on here great memories of that goal at Hampden (my first cup final). Looking again at his playing career can't believe he never played for Scotland and that he only averaged 16 games a season over his career. For all that he achieved how much better might he have been if he avoided injuries.

Never had the privilege of meeting him but sounds like he was a great guy

RIP Neale

He was some player in combination with Simmie in that fabulous team of the early eighties. I did not know him personally but he was friendly with two of my cousins who lived nearby. Very sad news and my thoughts go out to his family and friends.

Hopefully not too soon, but Neale liked a laugh.

From “Fergie Rises”.....

“He (Frank Beckenbauer) said I was as close to him as a player as he’d seen.
    It was a huge compliment.
    But as I always say, it just goes to show, even Franz Beckenbauer can talk some amount of sh1te”.
    Definitely not too soon, that quote sums him up really - great player and happy to take the piss out of himself and anyone else.

Still can't quite believe this news, heard he was ill in the morning but fully expected the next news to be he was ill but getting better. Just didn't expect this.

I was a young kid during the Gothenburg era and even though there's always players you love as you get older I think the hero-worship you have at that age stays with you in a way it doesn't as you grow up. Obviously helps when that team is the best in your history..

Cooper with his style and that hair just stood out, can only share everyone's feelings on this, so sad to happen when he should have had so many happy years to go.

I mind Tattie telling a story about him and Ian Angus playing pool. The pool table was in the fitness room at Pittodrie. Tattie could hear SAF's nervous cough and new that he was coming. just before SAF came into the fitness room, Tattie quickly put down his cue and jumped on to one of the exercise machines. SAF chewed Angus out saying something along the lines of "Angus, no wonder you're in the reserves when you're mucking around like this. Look at that boy over there working hard. That's why he's in the first team. Cooper, well done, son. "Eh, cheers boss".

Quote Originally Posted by its_a_goal View Post
    I mind Tattie telling a story about him and Ian Angus playing pool. The pool table was in the fitness room at Pittodrie. Tattie could hear SAF's nervous cough and new that he was coming. just before SAF came into the fitness room, Tattie quickly put down his cue and jumped on to one of the exercise machines. SAF chewed Angus out saying something along the lines of "Angus, no wonder you're in the reserves when you're mucking around like this. Look at that boy over there working hard. That's why he's in the first team. Cooper, well done, son. "Eh, cheers boss".
    Even better, Angus started doing ****ing squats with the pool cue in hand. Absolutely brilliant!

RIP Tattie

Page 8 of 13 FirstFirst ... 678910 ... LastLast