+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast

Thread: Tattie Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by donsdaft View Post
    Impossible to find the words
    Such a likeable bloke

Scored the goal we all dreamed of scoring

Bloody 36 years ago
    For people of our age group, probably everyone’s 2nd favourite AFC goal. Remember standing at Hampden that day and absolutely loving that goal. Smashing it in from 1 yard and giving it big licks.

Tragic. Absolutely tragic is all I can say.

One of my favourite football moments of all time was when he put Charlie Nicholas up in the air in what must have been under 1 second from kick off.

Only folk that were there will remember the tension before that game.

It was so bloody obvious that Fergie had told him to get stuck in

Only the young Cooper could have taken him so literally

Quote Originally Posted by sheepcrooky View Post
    For people of our age group, probably everyone’s 2nd favourite AFC goal. Remember standing at Hampden that day and absolutely loving that goal. Smashing it in from 1 yard and giving it big licks.
    It's the one that I would loved to have scored... already 3 -1 up ...balls breaks off goalie giving him an open goal ... yard out he absolutely blasts it in ........" F*****g hud at " !!
    For a loon brought up in and supporting Aberdeen that really was living the dream

One of my favourite football moments of all time was when he put Charlie Nicholas up in the air in what must have been under 1 second from kick off.

I watched an interview when he spoke about that one. For a week Fergie had mentioned Charle every single time he saw him. When the game kicked off he immediately wiped him out and there was total mayhem with Timmy going mental , With ref trying to get some sort of control and through the madness that was ensuing ,he stole a glance over to the dug out to see Fergie giving him the thumbs up :-)

Absolutely gutted to hear his horrible news.

A true club legend, gone too soon.

RIP Tattie

I remember this well. Nicholas never got out the centre circle. Was at least a booking but happened so quick that the ref didn't do anything. Convinced this was part of Fergie's master plan to quieten down an on form Nicholas, and Cooper executed it perfectly. We won 4-1 that day.

Quote Originally Posted by Red_Don View Post
    I remember this well. Nicholas never got out the centre circle. Was at least a booking but happened so quick that the ref didn't do anything. Convinced this was part of Fergie's master plan to quieten down an on form Nicholas, and Cooper executed it perfectly. We won 4-1 that day.
    Was it not 3-1 where we went a goal down then Eric Black scored the “perfect hat-trick” with a left foot, right foot & headed goal?
    Maybe my memory is playing tricks.

Just saw something on Twitter which seems apt tonight...

“Heroes get remembered... but legends never die”.

The first (& youngest) of the Gothenburg team to leave us.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    Was it not 3-1 where we went a goal down then Eric Black scored the “perfect hat-trick” with a left foot, right foot & headed goal?
    Maybe my memory is playing tricks.
    Think Black’s hat trick was at Parkhead, the day Bayern were scouting us before the QF.

I’ve had the privilege, as many of you probably have, of meeting him in the pub and hearing all these stories first hand. That Charlie one is one of the best.

Page 6 of 13 FirstFirst ... 45678 ... LastLast