+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast

Thread: Tattie Cooper

Quote Originally Posted by thebeachend View Post
    Awesome.

Yaas min

It's nice when things live up to your memory of them.

What was that, 2 seconds?

Pure class, there is no way he could have nailed "Prince Charlie" any quicker.

Just back from the celebration of his life at Pittodrie which was very well done . The releasing of 220 balloons representing the games he played for the Dons was very moving at the end. It would be nice is this were done for the first game of the coming season during the minutes applause.The affection for Neale from so many was a real tribute to the man and his character
    RIP

I’ve done a “eulogy” at a funeral before and it was very tough so can fully empathise with the folks that had to speak, and they did it on camera & in front of thousands of people, so well done all.

Richard Gordon compered it all smoothly as you’d expect of him.

Joey was clearly struggling, the emotion in his voice was clear (& a bit of casual racism thrown in too 😮 ).

Andy Dornan was good.

Willie spoke well too.
    Struck it right.
    A bit of humour & sarcasm, mixed with genuine sadness, saying they all loved him & would all miss him.
    Mark McGhee & Gordon Strachan there & they rarely attend Gothenburg “events” so fair play, shows how they felt too.
    Last edited by RedStarTorphins; 09-06-2018 at 08:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by RedStarTorphins View Post
    I’ve done a “eulogy” at a funeral before and it was very tough so can fully empathise with the folks that had to speak, and they did it on camera & in front of thousands of people, so well done all.

Richard Gordon compered it all smoothly as you’d expect of him.

Joey was clearly struggling, the emotion in his voice was clear (& a bit of casual racism thrown in too 😮 ).

Andy Dornan was good.

Willie spoke well too.
    Struck it right.
    A bit of humour & sarcasm, mixed with genuine sadness, saying they all loved him & would all miss him.
    Mark McGhee & Gordon Strachan there & they rarely attend Gothenburg “events” so fair play, shows how they felt too.
    Sadly could not attend, by the messages I’ve received I’ve heard it was an excellent send off.

There was a minutes applause prior to our game last night and a very healthy crowd enthusiastically clapped in a tribute to Tattie.

The match itself was a rollercoaster, Lewis has a good young team there and imho deserved to win in the end, raised a glass with a couple of decent sorts in the club and then headed home to the riviera.....no silverware again......regardless, cups can be won next season and I’m heartened so many dandies managed to pay respect to a decent loon.

SF

on RedTV now. Well played.

I attended last nights celebration of Neale's life and career. It was both very moving and very funny. I had the pleasure of meeting Neale on a couple of occasions last time being in the Prince of Wales about a year ago. When he heard I was part of the St Clair armada he was genuinely interested in hearing the stories. We spent over an hour swapping stories about Gothenburg and the Dons in general. Don't think I've ever met someone so down to earth and kind. His passing has effected me greatly and we have lost a true legend and a lovely man. RIP Tattie you will never be forgotten x

Quote Originally Posted by DonVincenzo (The II) View Post
    on RedTV now. Well played.
    Credit where credit is due, on this occasion Red TV got something spot on.
    I stayed up out here in the sandpit and watched the whole very well organized event into the early wee hours of the morning.
    It was very moving and at times very funny, and it really was a first class way to send off one of our legends. Fair play to the club and thanks to Red TV International for screening this event, that helped those of us who due to residence location could not make it, but it helped us to be a part of it and feel and live the emotion.
    Cheers

Heroes are remembered, and legends never die.

RIP Neal thanks for everything.

SF
    Last edited by blowupsheep; 10-06-2018 at 06:41 AM.

Good stuff from the Chimp Chokers.

https://www.pressandjournal.co.uk/fp...-neale-cooper/

Page 12 of 13 FirstFirst ... 210111213 LastLast