+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Spare a thought for Shrewsbury

Spare a thought for Shrewsbury

Five Wembley appearances, five defeats 😨
    Two of those against us!
    I hope they get it right one day as long as it's not against us. Their fans, while slightly outnumbered, contributed to a brilliant atmosphere in and around the stadium, which made for an unforgettable day and probably now my favourite Wembley visit.

Good luck to them next season 👍

They've had a tremendous season - good luck to them and us for next season

absolutely.

The friendship between PW and PH was plain to see today despite the big stakes being played for. It looked like both sets of fans were having a great day and it is a shame they missed out on promotion after a fantastic season against the odds. You fear for them if (when) PH moves on but it would be nice to see them be one of the clubs that make automatic promotion the season after losing in the playoff final and hopefully not go the way of Leyton Orient.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    The friendship between PW and PH was plain to see today despite the big stakes being played for. It looked like both sets of fans were having a great day and it is a shame they missed out on promotion after a fantastic season against the odds. You fear for them if (when) PH moves on but it would be nice to see them be one of the clubs that make automatic promotion the season after losing in the playoff final and hopefully not go the way of Leyton Orient.
    The Shrews' cup runs may have been their League 1 downfall in the end. I think that they had played a 62-game season, so no wonder that they looked a bit tired late in the game at Wembley yesterday. Our awful cup performances probably helped our League 1 campaign by restricting our fixture list. Good atmosphere generated by their fans though, and ours.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 28-05-2018 at 05:58 AM.

Really hope thet come back stronger next season. WhT a shame that theiŕ magnificent season came down to 30 minutes after 60 odd games. Their fans were fantastic.their players also fought like tigers and hung around to applaud us receive the trophy.

Shrew do have some good players but maybe if they stood up and play football instead of throwing themselves on floor and trying to take players out they could do better

They are a fit team but we are fitter and on the day that showed

I can’t see them coming back next season tbh but that could be on who the manager is (Hursty strongly linked with Ipswich)

Hurst will be out the door in the summer... He will prob take Nolan with him..
    Henderson is in talks with man u over a new contract. Morris n Godfrey will be going back to Norwich.
    Sadly the team will be torn apart and could easily be another LO..

Btw if we can't get rodak, Henderson would be a good keeper to loan in. His stats for league one are amazing for a team that didn't get promoted..
    Also liked the look of nsiala CB..

I think they may struggle next season to be honest , going to take some coming back from mentally and that's without factoring Paul Hurst leaving , the loans going back and a couple of players moving on .

If they stay up next season they will do well in my opinion .

Agree i think they will struggle particularly if hursty leaves. I think their style will be sussed next season i think we had em sussed yesterday. There are also some big hitters in there next season to compete against and don't be surprised if the teams who came down from the champ bounce straight back up again like last season.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast