+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: OT Muslim Immigrant Risks Life to Save Child

OT Muslim Immigrant Risks Life to Save Child

A bit of good OT news for a change:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=pd79zyrwSKU

No mean, physical feat that either

Can I be cynical? What was the adult man next to the child doing? It shouldn’t have taken the will power of this hero to scale several stories in next to no time whilst some bloke (parent or neighbour) watches on from feet away.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Can I be cynical? What was the adult man next to the child doing? It shouldn’t have taken the will power of this hero to scale several stories in next to no time whilst some bloke (parent or neighbour) watches on from feet away.
    Wondered the same?

More on the story here.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/arti...escue-boy.html

Can't see the neighbour in the beginning of the video. I think he just arrived and couldn't easily do more than hold the boy's arm because of the partition.

But that's some strength from the hero after climbing four stories as fast as he could, to just swish the kid to safety like that. He said he couldn't stop shaking afterwards.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    What are you cynical about ?

When the Malian man started climbing, no-one had hold of the child. As he arrives at the third floor, the neighbour comes out and manages to reach round the partition and grab one arm of the child. Until then, there was no-one holding the child and the neighbour wasnt there.

The father had left the child unattended. He is appearing in court today I think.

I think a thread title which didn't irrelevantly reference his religion might be more helpful by the way folks.

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    I think a thread title which didn't irrelevantly reference his religion might be more helpful by the way folks.
    Quite right Swale, I can't remember seeing any headline saying "Christian citizen risks life...etc."

Quote Originally Posted by SwalePie View Post
    Where does it say he is Muslim and where does it say he was there legally?

Quote Originally Posted by Trickytreesreds View Post
    Where does it say he is Muslim and where does it say he was there legally?
    I've seen no reference to a religion but this story (admittedly from The Sun ) intimates that he was not a legal arrival in France. He does actually reference 'God' in his conversation with M. Macron, if that helps.

https://www.thesun.co.uk/news/6394671/paris-spiderman-malian-migrant-mamoudou-gassama/

This one from Australia has more detail...

http://www.abc.net.au/news/2018-05-28/real-life-spider-man-saves-boy-dangling-from-paris-balcony/9806552

Last edited by SwalePie; 28-05-2018 at 11:48 AM.

Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast