+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Didn't dare to think this....

Didn't dare to think this....

Up to about5.30 yesterday I didn't want to put in my mind the teams we could be playing in the championship next season. Well I can now eh!?
    Sheff u
    Sheff w
    Bolton
    Birmingham
    Aston v
    Brentford
    QPR
    Stoke
    West Brom
    Swansea
    Blackburn
    Wigan
    Ipswich
    Norwich
    Leeds
    Derby
    Notts forest

Preston
    Millwaw oooer
    Bristol c
    Middlesbrough
    Hull
    Reading

Some good derbys there and nys should be packed to the rafters again every week. Bring em all on.
    Come on you millers. Who wood have thought it eh? ( the misspelling of would was deliberate by the way- what a guy!)

Which 3 teams will finish bottom 3 from that list. Eeeeek

There's two on the list that I've not previously been to - might try to get those visited in the new season

There's one thing there is no long trips to the South coast in the league anyway.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Which 3 teams will finish bottom 3 from that list. Eeeeek
    Birmingham Bolton and ether stoke or reading

Watch out for Swansea falling like a stone .

There is always one ex prem club who does it isn't there? That might be one club who could finish below us eh?

Its obvious that for financial reasons we cant be the most talented team in that division. But there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that we cannot be the fittest and most committed team in that division.

I suspect there will be games where the opposition are simply too good. That said, I can see games where we simply break the spirit of some prima donna sides and upset the apple cart. When southern, soft ****e like reading, qpr, brentford, etc come to the NYS we need to make life hell for them. They're not big clubs by any stretch. We can match them.

One last point, theres also the potential for us to be severely underestimated by some clubs (certainly their fans), and that could work in our favour. Get ready, if we win a game, to receive absolutely no credit at all. It will always be that the opposition didn't turn up. Oh, and get ready for some seriously biased refereeing away from home.

We can do this. Bring it on!!

Quote Originally Posted by gkotw View Post
    Its obvious that for financial reasons we cant be the most talented team in that division. But there is absolutely no reason whatsoever that we cannot be the fittest and most committed team in that division.

I suspect there will be games where the opposition are simply too good. That said, I can see games where we simply break the spirit of some prima donna sides and upset the apple cart. When southern, soft ****e like reading, qpr, brentford, etc come to the NYS we need to make life hell for them. They're not big clubs by any stretch. We can match them.

One last point, theres also the potential for us to be severely underestimated by some clubs (certainly their fans), and that could work in our favour. Get ready, if we win a game, to receive absolutely no credit at all. It will always be that the opposition didn't turn up. Oh, and get ready for some seriously biased refereeing away from home.

We can do this. Bring it on!!
    Some good points. And boy do we need some good points. We have to do better than 1 win away and also change the draws ro wins at home.

Quote Originally Posted by mikemiller View Post
    There's two on the list that I've not previously been to - might try to get those visited in the new season
    Same here mike, went to Stoke and Swansea's old ground yet to visit the new one's.
    We are considering using i-follow, not the same and read some poor reports on here.
    On the other hand may decide to buy a joint railcard and do all the away games....decisions..decisions eh.