+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast

Thread: The one thing warney must do next season....

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I have to say that I didn't have you down as a 'sceptic' when I posted, Casper.

There are the wind up merchants - IBS, kempo, monty amongst others - who post for a reaction and that's fine if that's what floats their boat(s). It's the posters who feel that the club is entitled to success and who are calling for a change of manager when we lose a couple of games in succession who I was thinking of.
    Yes I'm far from being a sceptic. I'm on the outside looking in and what I see is a club well run under difficult circumstances and a new rookie manager that needs to be given more than one transfer window to get to a position we want to be. All on budget of course.

I'm still waiting for someone to answer a question you asked a while ago...." the moral obligation of a football Chairman "

There are the wind up merchants - IBS, kempo, monty amongst others - who post for a reaction and that's fine if that's what floats their boat(s).
    ... and builds their boats in Southampton (allegedly)

Next season will be tough at times and will need supporters to accept both the rough and the smooth.
    I always accept the rough and the smooth it's what being a Rotherham United Supporter is all about....

Unfortunately some want TS to bankroll us to mid table Championship without wanting to pay extra for their Season Tickets.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think there's a world of difference between the real fans (Casper, Pocket, Yak....etc) expressing genuine concern versus the usual suspects who clearly come on here to grab the attention and wind people up.
    Morning Cam hope your well ?
    Thought id come on and face up to it..

Im happy to admit i got it wrong about Warne and kerr is correct i think the bristol rovers game did it for a few of us who went that day yak me and a few others.
    What a turnaround though and respect and congratulations so him and his team amazing.
    I think it was Yak who called him just a fitness coach 😆😆 and even said Warne is taking us down 😆😆 again and tbf weve given him stick over that.
    Its cost a few people though with charity donations which we said we would do if thay reached the play offs.
    Well done Paul Warne i and many others were wrong and im happy to admit it good luck in the championship.
    I do think we will be better prepared this time and if we all get behind the lads then anything is possible.

UTM

Hope you're well Pocket......never lose faith.

I also went to Bristol Rovers, highlight of that game for me was sitting next to Kieffer Moore's girlfriend.
    I'm sure I saw Yak in the corner crying..LOL.

On a serious note it just shows what can be achieved with team spirit and a little confidence, also having people on your backroom staff that you know, trust and respect, long may it continue.
    Hopefully the 3 difficult seasons last time in the Championship taught the club quite a few harsh lesson.
    Just don't expect a Wembley visit for the play-offs next season.

I really hope they've learned a few lessons from last time in the championship.

Is welovebooth actually a fan or does he actually have trouble with being happy?

Unless Norwich get in Warneys head then I can’t see him going anywhere (leave that to Hurst)

We all have opinions on what’s needed but I’m sure Warney knows that he needs to sort the defence out.

Imo I think he needs to get in the players head how to help in an instant when we play one up front which will be more of an option in championship

I’m behind the club having learnt a lot from last shambles in Championship, we won’t get promoted next season but we won’t be relegated either

I think we have quite a few players who will be better suited to championship style , Palmer will be better for one and I’m putting Purrington down for the up and coming player but first he has to put Mattock our
    If Proctor is back to his usual self and we have Smith and Ball then we only possibly need 1 more striker which maybe could be Lavery unless there’s a goal scoring machine that is more about playing than money

Up the Mighty Millers!!!!
    Last edited by millertop; 29-05-2018 at 07:16 AM.

We all know its going to be tough next year, we all know that we will only spend based on TS mantra "value for money"

The difference has to be the players effort and commitment, we had too many who didnt give enough last time, finishing 4th from bottom will do nicely....but not on the last day of the season please

I don't mean to carp after such a cracking day, but was the criticism really justified? Personally, I don't think some of the 'how long as Warne got' stuff was. I think part of being a supporter is accepting that a new tea needs to gel and that there will be bad runs of form.
    By criticism I meant things like the defence needs to improve (there were lots of very silly mistakes for part of the season) and also consistently playing 4-5-1 with KM becoming increasingly isolated up front and the opposition sussing him out.

I didn't mean let's sack PW.

PW now varies when he plays 4-5-1 so he's learnt very quickly for example different formations for the Scunny and Shrews matches
    Someone's mentioned Rodak punching. I hated that because he seemed to do it all the time and usually gifted the opposition possession again.
    Now he only does it once or twice a match. Think he only did it once a Wembley

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    By criticism I meant things like the defence needs to improve (there were lots of very silly mistakes for part of the season) and also consistently playing 4-5-1 with KM becoming increasingly isolated up front and the opposition sussing him out.

I didn't mean let's sack PW.

PW now varies when he plays 4-5-1 so he's learnt very quickly for example different formations for the Scunny and Shrews matches
    Someone's mentioned Rodak punching. I hated that because he seemed to do it all the time and usually gifted the opposition possession again.
    Now he only does it once or twice a match. Think he only did it once a Wembley
    Spot on

I suppose Kerr will praise the defence and thinks changes shouldn’t happen

Page 5 of 7 FirstFirst ... 34567 LastLast