+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

Thread: The one thing warney must do next season....

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post
    Warne only picks players who run round cones & drink tea.

Welovebooth - should ts increase prices to pay for what you want?

serious question
    Easy now, Perigord. I asked a similar question a couple of weeks ago and it didn't go down well.

On a serious note, I hope that the sceptics can bottle some of the sunshine from yesterday and take it out when we inevitably lose a few on the bounce as we surely will next season. If the sceptics don't know who they are, let me know and I'll annoy frog by putting up some links to past postings.

Warne has taken an incredible amount of abuse in the last eigh**** months or so, but has quietly got on with the job. I hope that we can back him in the months to come.

Quote Originally Posted by flourbasher View Post
    Some criticism was justified but then the unbelievable happened
    I don't mean to carp after such a cracking day, but was the criticism really justified? Personally, I don't think some of the 'how long as Warne got' stuff was. I think part of being a supporter is accepting that a new tea needs to gel and that there will be bad runs of form.

Quote Originally Posted by KerrAvon View Post
    I don't mean to carp after such a cracking day, but was the criticism really justified? Personally, I don't think some of the 'how long as Warne got' stuff was. I think part of being a supporter is accepting that a new tea needs to gel and that there will be bad runs of form.
    I think there's a world of difference between the real fans (Casper, Pocket, Yak....etc) expressing genuine concern versus the usual suspects who clearly come on here to grab the attention and wind people up.

Wrong link?

Works fine for me. Maybe the search ID is unique to me.

Go to advanced search, keyword "fitness", user name Kempo. Read and learn

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    I think there's a world of difference between the real fans (Casper, Pocket, Yak....etc) expressing genuine concern versus the usual suspects who clearly come on here to grab the attention and wind people up.
    I agree. I was at the Bristol Rovers away game that temporarily pushed Yak over the edge. It was the low point of the season and I understand why he reacted as he did.

My issue (such as it is after yesterday) is with the posters who judge ambition by the amount of money that is spent and demand victory in every match.

Next season will be tough at times and will need supporters to accept both the rough and the smooth.

Quote Originally Posted by PerigordMiller View Post

Welovebooth - should ts increase prices to pay for what you want?
    serious question
    We pay what we can afford Perigord.
    In an ideal world we should be signing top end Championship players, it's not going to happen. We have that wage budget for a reason and my next comment you and everyone else will laugh at.....If every club in Leagues 1 / 2 and the Championship did the same as TS then & only then will you get a level playing field.
    FFP rules are a farce, they were altered to suit more affluent owners of clubs.
    Do I want to get established in the Championship?
    Yes but not at any cost.

EDIT : We have had the same Season Ticket prices since we were back in League 2.....not bad for a Toytown club.

Quote Originally Posted by CAMiller View Post
    Nothing special about me CAM although I do prefer to be called a supporter not a fan.
    I usually do what KerrAvon suggested and " bottle a little bit of sunshine " ...for a rainy day.
    I've seen plenty of dross over the year's and I make the best of the good seasons. I also try to make allowances for people that are running our club and the players especially the younger ones like Marek and Josh.

I have to say that I didn't have you down as a 'sceptic' when I posted, Casper.

There are the wind up merchants - IBS, kempo, monty amongst others - who post for a reaction and that's fine if that's what floats their boat(s). It's the posters who feel that the club is entitled to success and who are calling for a change of manager when we lose a couple of games in succession who I was thinking of.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast