+ Visit Sheffield United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The girls team

The girls team

A big well done to the girls.

Manchester United have been awarded a licence to join next season's Women's Championship, ending their 13-year absence from the senior women's game.

West Ham United will move straight up to the top flight - the new 11-team, full-time Women's Super League.
    "Charlton, Leicester City, Lewes and Sheffield United will join Man Utd in being added to the second tier.
    But current top-flight side Sunderland and second-tier Watford and Oxford are to drop out of England's top two tiers.
    The news comes after a restructure of the women's leagues - which are run by the Football Association - and saw existing clubs have to re-apply for their places, before a second, open application phase"

Utb

I'll support any official United team, like the "B-Ladies" team, but the level of profile being given to the Womens game, by Sky and the BBC (part of their feminisation of the news...) just sticks in my craw. Can you think of anything more soul destroying* than the hyperbole around 'Chelsea Ladies vs. Man City ladies', in front of a couple of thousand, but on live TV and front page coverage on the BBC website.

*I can think of lots of things, but I'm making a point here...

I think it's great for them and more power to them but it's not for me. A new girl at our place (started while I was off on the sick) plays for Doncaster belles (top scorer for them and the division) she's part time as they are in a bit of a mess financially,was offered a full time contract by Man Utd but donny refused to release her so she's stuck working at our place till December when her contract expires,I think it's a bit mean when she has a chance to better herself but then again maybe KK could learn somat off them

To be fair i agree with FKB, but I thought it was worth a mention, it is Blades related and a quiet time on the chat boards.

Quote Originally Posted by costablade View Post
    To be fair i agree with FKB, but I thought it was worth a mention, it is Blades related and a quiet time on the chat boards.
    Fair play to you Costa, and to the BLadies team too. I'll gladly cheer and support any United team. I don't mean to go on a downer about them in particular. I think I'm just a bit down on everything, and can't wait to get into next season.

Great news and watch this space as the Womens team tear up the league next season.
    So nice to read the lukewarm/disrespectful/bordering on ***ist comments against 50% of the countrys population and a very large minority of Uniteds fanbase,especially the countless young girls including mine I see every week at our games.
    Give me them over the miserable obsolete w a n kers that haunt football.

Just seen on SSN the crests for the teams in the Championship, and the one for us was Sheffield FC, not United, is there any reason for this or an embarrassing mistake?

Both in.

Quote Originally Posted by Mansfield_Blade View Post
    Just seen on SSN the crests for the teams in the Championship, and the one for us was Sheffield FC, not United, is there any reason for this or an embarrassing mistake?
    It will be a bitter Pig who works for Sky,still smarting about 24th September

Embarrassing mistake then, they only had 11 crests shown

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast