+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Jack Aitchison

Jack Aitchison

Just been told that we are interested in the young Celtic striker Jack Aitichson. I don't know anything about the player but was told he has great potential. Does anyone know anything about the player?

Know nothing about the lad but I hope this isn't a loan job. I'm all for bringing in talented young lads and working with them, though.

I believe he's rated as having potential there, so if true, would presume it to be maybe a year loan deal?

Realistically in our current situation if we have a very talented youngster signed we sadly lose them pretty quickly. No harm in bringing in a good youngster like Ralston on loan to boost our squad

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Realistically in our current situation if we have a very talented youngster signed we sadly lose them pretty quickly. No harm in bringing in a good youngster like Ralston on loan to boost our squad
    But at least we'll get some money for them instead of shelling out to develop someone else's player.

Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    But at least we'll get some money for them instead of shelling out to develop someone else's player.
    I’m sure Celtic will pay all his wages. Now i’m at the point I don’t want United getting any more money for transfers, Completly done with that nonsense unless It’s millions of course.

I see in the Tele tonight Aitchison is being linked. I was told this a few weeks back, I still know nothing about the player all I hear is potential potential. Can we afford to gamble on a player that has potential and if so shouldn't we just use the players with potential in our own youth ranks.

Quote Originally Posted by Pissedoffshed View Post
    I see in the Tele tonight Aitchison is being linked. I was told this a few weeks back, I still know nothing about the player all I hear is potential potential. Can we afford to gamble on a player that has potential and if so shouldn't we just use the players with potential in our own youth ranks.
    I seem to recall a young lad coming to us from Queens Park who apparently showed potential and would be one for the future. One game at Tannadice was all that was needed, the rest is unfolding in front of a worldwide audience week in and week out. If yir good enough, then yir auld enough

Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    I seem to recall a young lad coming to us from Queens Park who apparently showed potential and would be one for the future. One game at Tannadice was all that was needed, the rest is unfolding in front of a worldwide audience week in and week out. If yir good enough, then yir auld enough

And a fat lot of good it done us!

Yeah but Robertson was our own player. If Aitchison has this much potential that u keep hearing about, they ain't going to allow him to come to us for free so it will probably be another loan deal. Would it be better giving our own young players experience and game time making them better and getting something out it, instead of making other teams young players better and getting nothing out it.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)