Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: Jack Aitchison

  1. #1

    Jack Aitchison

    Just been told that we are interested in the young Celtic striker Jack Aitichson. I don't know anything about the player but was told he has great potential. Does anyone know anything about the player?

  2. #2
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,197
    Know nothing about the lad but I hope this isn't a loan job. I'm all for bringing in talented young lads and working with them, though.

  3. #3
    I believe he's rated as having potential there, so if true, would presume it to be maybe a year loan deal?

  4. #4
    Join Date
    Jun 2012
    Posts
    1,419
    Realistically in our current situation if we have a very talented youngster signed we sadly lose them pretty quickly. No harm in bringing in a good youngster like Ralston on loan to boost our squad

  5. #5
    Join Date
    Jun 2003
    Posts
    2,197
    Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Realistically in our current situation if we have a very talented youngster signed we sadly lose them pretty quickly. No harm in bringing in a good youngster like Ralston on loan to boost our squad
    But at least we'll get some money for them instead of shelling out to develop someone else's player.

  6. #6
    Join Date
    Dec 2014
    Posts
    1,114
    Quote Originally Posted by bobafett View Post
    But at least we'll get some money for them instead of shelling out to develop someone else's player.
    Iím sure Celtic will pay all his wages. Now iím at the point I donít want United getting any more money for transfers, Completly done with that nonsense unless Itís millions of course.

  7. #7
    I see in the Tele tonight Aitchison is being linked. I was told this a few weeks back, I still know nothing about the player all I hear is potential potential. Can we afford to gamble on a player that has potential and if so shouldn't we just use the players with potential in our own youth ranks.

  8. #8
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,958
    Quote Originally Posted by Pissedoffshed View Post
    I see in the Tele tonight Aitchison is being linked. I was told this a few weeks back, I still know nothing about the player all I hear is potential potential. Can we afford to gamble on a player that has potential and if so shouldn't we just use the players with potential in our own youth ranks.
    I seem to recall a young lad coming to us from Queens Park who apparently showed potential and would be one for the future. One game at Tannadice was all that was needed, the rest is unfolding in front of a worldwide audience week in and week out. If yir good enough, then yir auld enough

  9. #9
    Join Date
    Mar 2015
    Posts
    1,698
    Quote Originally Posted by ahlltanyirhide View Post
    I seem to recall a young lad coming to us from Queens Park who apparently showed potential and would be one for the future. One game at Tannadice was all that was needed, the rest is unfolding in front of a worldwide audience week in and week out. If yir good enough, then yir auld enough

    And a fat lot of good it done us!

  10. #10
    Yeah but Robertson was our own player. If Aitchison has this much potential that u keep hearing about, they ain't going to allow him to come to us for free so it will probably be another loan deal. Would it be better giving our own young players experience and game time making them better and getting something out it, instead of making other teams young players better and getting nothing out it.

  11. #11
    Join Date
    Sep 2011
    Posts
    2,994
    Quote Originally Posted by Pissedoffshed View Post
    Yeah but Robertson was our own player. If Aitchison has this much potential that u keep hearing about, they ain't going to allow him to come to us for free so it will probably be another loan deal. Would it be better giving our own young players experience and game time making them better and getting something out it, instead of making other teams young players better and getting nothing out it.
    If he's a good player and we're only getting him on loan then so be it. We should only be concentrating in the short term just now.

  12. #12
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,519
    If we can get 11 quality players on the park next season that will get us out of the sh1tty mess we are in, I don't came where they come from, what their contracts are or where they want to live. All i want is to win consistently. x

  13. #13
    Join Date
    Jul 2010
    Posts
    2,958
    Quote Originally Posted by RAM1971 View Post
    And a fat lot of good it done us!
    Don’t know about you, but watching Andy Rob tearing up and doon the line in a United strip done me the world of good.

  14. #14
    I couldnít give a flying **** if we took a boy on loan from Dundee who got us up, wee need out of this division, and any help from any team will be grately appreciated by me

  15. #15
    If he can contribute to getting us out of this league then welcome with open arms! We cannot be overly particular about how that end result is achieved in my opinion. We are far from being in an ideal world.

  16. #16
    Join Date
    Apr 2010
    Posts
    4,251
    yup - i remember the outrage that we were going into the season with a part time kid at LB and how we needed to spend loads of money on an experience LB.

    He did ok though

  17. #17
    Join Date
    Aug 2005
    Posts
    885
    Quote Originally Posted by shedboy71 View Post
    yup - i remember the outrage that we were going into the season with a part time kid at LB and how we needed to spend loads of money on an experience LB.

    He did ok though
    The boy ralston was, arguably, our best player at the end of last season - so itís a yes from me

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •