+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: 8 million wage

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    Was told at beginning of season warns first job was halving the wage bill n get it under 4 million.. someone at the club mentioned this in a ifollow interview a few months ago. i cant remember who it was though.... i would imagine 3k per week would be about what were paying in league 1... not sure if 4 million wage bill would inc players and staff or just players
    You're not far off the mark cayton. Don't forget loan players parent clubs will be subsidising us with a percentage of salary.
    The players that came down last season took a salary cut, only right they should get a pay rise.....one we can afford, all in budget....incremental perhaps ?

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    I love the way you do simple mathmatics.
    I love the way your dyslexia kicked in there Frank.. we all know you ment mathematics to be infront of simple...😁

I love the way you do simple mathmatics.

Football salaries don't work that way.
    Last season Sheffield United had a decent wage bill, nowhere near £8M.

A few years ago League 1 players in the age group 25 to 28yrs were top salary, nowhere near £6,999.
    I wasn’t the one who said 8 million just pointing out if it was true and it was only players getting the money 6999 is what it would work out at if all were on same wage.

Iv no idea how much they are on nor do I care since we are going up we are going up

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    I love the way your dyslexia kicked in there Frank.. we all know you ment mathematics to be infront of simple...
    Age related mistake cayton. I said on a separate thread I had never been to Stoke City's new ground, apparently I have, Brother-in-Law & best pal reminded me today, can't remember the season / score/ team or anything from that game lol..losing my marbles methinks.

Age related mistake cayton. I said on a separate thread I had never been to Stoke City's new ground, apparently I have, Brother-in-Law & best pal reminded me today, can't remember the season / score/ team or anything from that game lol..losing my marbles methinks.
    My main memory of (I think) our last game there about 10 years ago in the cup was Danny flippin Pugh doing flippin backflips! Just seemed to rub it in somehow that a no better than decent Champ/Prem player was being that flamboyant...

Quote Originally Posted by harpo88 View Post
    My main memory of (I think) our last game there about 10 years ago in the cup was Danny flippin Pugh doing flippin backflips! Just seemed to rub it in somehow that a no better than decent Champ/Prem player was being that flamboyant...
    Yes my pal said it was a Cup match, still can't remember it although I can remember the one's at their old ground where Stoke fans were above us throwing coins and cups of coffee at us.

Probably Alan Lee's debut Caspy?

1-1 draw

I am sure I saw some figures on another website which said we had a budget of about £2.8 million but Scunny weren’t far behind £2.4 mill.
    I will try and find out where I saw it.

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    I wasn’t the one who said 8 million just pointing out if it was true and it was only players getting the money 6999 is what it would work out at if all were on same wage.
    Iv no idea how much they are on nor do I care since we are going up we are going up
    The £8M remark came from SKY.
    The players are not all on the same money are they.
    Why divide by 44 weeks ?

You ought to care about players salaries, if we're paying too much for too little it usually ends up in debt.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12