+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Robins

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    is probably getting a good deal of satisfaction from the fact that he lost out on the Notts job to Kevin Nolan. If you recall some 18 months ago it was between these two for the manager's job. He has turned his disappointment to a solid achievement and it looks like he has a team that can negotiate League 1 to finish in its upper reaches
    Mr Hardy plumped for Nolan's enthusiasm and relative raw talent against the vastly experienced Robins. I think we would be churlish not to admit that at Cov Robins has built a young challenging team at relatively low cost and that this has proven a better strategy than the combination of old heads and rejuvenated first teamers that Nolan put together.
    Did Hardy make the right decision? Is it just a matter of patience?
    Fair play to Mr Robins but you don't half post some tripe Sid. "Robins has built a young challenging team". A significant proportion of the "young challenging team" was already at Coventry when he took over. In comparison Nolan inherited a team near to the bottom of the league full of clod hoppers. It's like suggesting that Warnock was responsible for having Yates Johnson & Draper at Meadow Lane when he became Manager who were the 3 best players in the team.It was nothing to do with him either. Both are good managers at this level. There is no need to suggest which one is better. His strategy of inheriting a better squad than Nolan did has certainly worked I will give you that. Now please go back to writing kids bedtime stories.

Not sure I agree with you Sid that Robins was/is "vastly experienced". Vastly experienced in failure before this particular appointment. AH chose wisely in my opinion.

On the other hand, he (MR) seems to have inherited a club with a thriving youth setup, which has been his "get out of jail" card. Quite envious of that today when they brought on the sub who had scored 30+ goals for the Under 18's. We can only dream of that at the moment.

Quote Originally Posted by Woodsetts_Pie View Post
    Not sure I agree with you Sid that Robins was/is "vastly experienced". Vastly experienced in failure before this particular appointment. AH chose wisely in my opinion.

On the other hand, he (MR) seems to have inherited a club with a thriving youth setup, which has been his "get out of jail" card. Quite envious of that today when they brought on the sub who had scored 30+ goals for the Under 18's. We can only dream of that at the moment.
    Look at his CV both as a player and a manager. Thank you for answering politely and not being full of the defensive crap most of the posters on this fred come up with.

Kevin Nolan win since he took you over% = 45.2
    Mark Robins win% in charge of us= 49.6

We win again, fellas

(He waits for someone to calculate the % reduction to Robins for “dubious decisions”

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    Kevin Nolan win since he took you over% = 45.2
    Mark Robins win% in charge of us= 49.6

We win again, fellas

(He waits for someone to calculate the % reduction to Robins for “dubious decisions”
    You are probably unaware, but when Nolan took charge of us he inherited a team on a run of TEN straight defeats and hurtling headlong into non-league. Then again you seem unaware of a lot of things, with 'dignity' near the top of the list.

Yep, you’ve always got an excuse handy alright.

If they gave out points for whining and making excuses you’d have got automatic for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by queenslandpie View Post
    Fair play to Mr Robins but you don't half post some tripe Sid. "Robins has built a young challenging team". A significant proportion of the "young challenging team" was already at Coventry when he took over. In comparison Nolan inherited a team near to the bottom of the league full of clod hoppers. It's like suggesting that Warnock was responsible for having Yates Johnson & Draper at Meadow Lane when he became Manager who were the 3 best players in the team.It was nothing to do with him either. Both are good managers at this level. There is no need to suggest which one is better. His strategy of inheriting a better squad than Nolan did has certainly worked I will give you that. Now please go back to writing kids bedtime stories.
    ��

The main difference between the two managers is that one believes in playing football and the other one doesn't

Sad, but true
    Last edited by Pieeyedandlegless; 28-05-2018 at 08:38 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    ��

The main difference between the two managers is that one believes in 'playong football' and the other one doesen't

Sad, but true
    What's that, Thai League?

Quote Originally Posted by Truthful View Post
    Yep, you’ve always got an excuse handy alright.

If they gave out points for whining and making excuses you’d have got automatic for sure.
    Out of interest, why are you still on here gloating tonight instead of being out celebrating?

My guess is that you are a saddo with no mates, but feel free to post an explanation that proves me wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Pieeyedandlegless View Post
    ��

The main difference between the two managers is that one believes in playing football and the other one doesen't

Sad, but true
    AT LAST!!!!!!!!!

And if you look at all the teams that got promoted- from Wolves right through to us, virtually none of them play hoofball.

If Nolan is this messiah you seem to think he is then he will have noticed that.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast