+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Mark Robins

Mark Robins

is probably getting a good deal of satisfaction from the fact that he lost out on the Notts job to Kevin Nolan. If you recall some 18 months ago it was between these two for the manager's job. He has turned his disappointment to a solid achievement and it looks like he has a team that can negotiate League 1 to finish in its upper reaches
    Mr Hardy plumped for Nolan's enthusiasm and relative raw talent against the vastly experienced Robins. I think we would be churlish not to admit that at Cov Robins has built a young challenging team at relatively low cost and that this has proven a better strategy than the combination of old heads and rejuvenated first teamers that Nolan put together.
    Did Hardy make the right decision? Is it just a matter of patience?

Quote Originally Posted by sidders View Post
    he lost out on the Notts job to Kevin Nolan. If you recall some 18 months ago it was between these two for the manager's job.
    Says who?

Quote Originally Posted by Freeman25 View Post
    Says who?
    Local and social media at the time.

So nothing official then.

Both sources are as credible as the average 'man in the pub'.

Absolute rubbish.

Another sid type post, put up crap, sit back and watch em bite.

Coventry have got several talented young players who came through their academy. No doubt Nolan would build a good young team if he had the same.

The OP seems to be an unwarranted sly dig at Nolan after a great 18 months for him.

Quote Originally Posted by arnapie View Post
    Absolute rubbish.

Another sid type post, put up crap, sit back and watch em bite.
    Not true. I actually read this from at least four sources. Maybe they were exaggerating but I'm pretty sure Robins was on the shortlist. Let's say I might be right. So what's your response to the comparison?
    And no, it's not a dig at Nolan. I'm quite happy with him but there are lessons he can learn from Robins.
    Last edited by sidders; 28-05-2018 at 06:47 PM.

Not true. I actually read this from at least four sources. Maybe they were exaggerating but I'm pretty sure Robins was on the shortlist. Let's say I might be right. So what's your response to the comparison?
    And no, it's not a dig at Nolan. I'm quite happy with him but there are lessons he can learn from Robins.
    Nolan has performed way above the standard anyone expected of him whereas Robins has got a team that were expected to be promoted, into League 1 via the playoffs, I'm more than happy with the choice Hardy made.

Did Hardy make the right decision?
    Definitely yes. Robins is a decent lower league manager but I doubt he would have achieved Nolan's results given the tools at his disposal.

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast