+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Sterling's Gun

Sterling's Gun

Hat's off to him. Losing your father at such a young age and to gun crime, he should be allowed to commemorate how ever he see's fit. Obviously coming from a difficult background he has done immensely well to raise above the darkness that he could have been dragged into.

His explanation is more than enough for me. Do your business for us in Russia

Quote Originally Posted by spag View Post
    Hat's off to him. Losing your father at such a young age and to gun crime, he should be allowed to commemorate how ever he see's fit. Obviously coming from a difficult background he has done immensely well to raise above the darkness that he could have been dragged into.

His explanation is more than enough for me. Do your business for us in Russia
    I agree with you to a point but he should have realised being a footballer that what he does sends a message to thousands if not millions of young impressionable people. He may want to send one message but it can easily (as it has been done) been interpreted another way. He, as do all those in the public eye, need to be careful with the message they send. Having an assault rifle tattoo might not be the brightest idea

Most people would have gotten a tattoo of their dad or something that relates to him, not the murder weapon... Doesn't bother me though, I'm more annoyed by his english... "died by being gunned down to death"
    Last edited by SwalePie; 29-05-2018 at 10:47 AM.

Just about every tattoo can be interpreted and manipulated to be offensive. Talk about mountain out of a molehill, a bit like when Wilshere and Grealish were plastered over papers for smoking and being **** faced respectively. Footballers are still people and still want to do things that ‘normal’ people do. We have a habit of putting these men on a pedestal, wait for them to do something remotely wrong and BANG, smash em.
    The arguments about the amount of money they earn and role models does not mean they should lead a cocooned life.
    Believe me when I say, there is a lot lot lot worse happening in the world that is not being reported.
    **** house media

If the tattoo had a big red X through it (saying no to guns) it would be OK , as it is he is promoting the use of assault rifles.

Quote Originally Posted by Oldstripy View Post
    If the tattoo had a big red X through it (saying no to guns) it would be OK , as it is he is promoting the use of assault rifles.
    He did say it's not finished to be fair so maybe the red X is on the way?

And No Swale, you may not. - https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gotten

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    He did say it's not finished to be fair so maybe the red X is on the way?

And No Swale, you may not. - https://en.oxforddictionaries.com/definition/gotten
    I know, I know, it just grates

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Just about every tattoo can be interpreted and manipulated to be offensive. Talk about mountain out of a molehill, a bit like when Wilshere and Grealish were plastered over papers for smoking and being **** faced respectively. Footballers are still people and still want to do things that ‘normal’ people do. We have a habit of putting these men on a pedestal, wait for them to do something remotely wrong and BANG, smash em.
    The arguments about the amount of money they earn and role models does not mean they should lead a cocooned life.
    Believe me when I say, there is a lot lot lot worse happening in the world that is not being reported.
    **** house media
    Totally agree. It's basically "snowflake generation" stuff again, with people or the media trying to restrict the freedoms of others or exert control through the phoney pretence of being "offended".

I'm not particularly a fan of Raheem Sterling I have to say, but what the lad decides to tattoo on his leg is his business. It has no impact on his ability to play football, which is what he's paid for. If he had bought a gun and gone threatening people then obviously that's a completely different matter, but having a tattoo on your leg just boils down to personal freedom of expression, which you're entitled to whether you earn £300 or £300,000 a week.

Whatever you think, it's an odd choice for a tattoo if your dad died that way, may as well have the killers face on yer leg?

Quote Originally Posted by Airborn Pie View Post
    Whatever you think, it's an odd choice for a tattoo if your dad died that way?
    Is it really? People react to the death of someone close in different ways. Sometimes others may think of it as odd, but why the **** should the opinions of others matter? If he is happy with what it means to him personally, regardless of the role model thingy it shouldn't matter in the slightest what anyone else thinks.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast