+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Richie Towell on his future

Richie Towell on his future

I grabbed the Irishman in the mixed zone on Sunday and this is what he said

http://itsmillerstime.co.uk/richie-t...-at-rotherham/

Come on Brighton you don’t need him yet and any other club won’t do him justice

He's a lovely lad, if he hasn't married his partner then he ought to before the season kicks off.
    If I was 40yrs younger I would marry her myself...lol.

We were very lucky to sign Ritchie just before deadline day closed. He was in his car heading to sign for another club when Paul Warne phoned him and he signed for us, the rest is history.
    If I was a betting man I would bet Ritchie will be playing in the Championship either with us or another club, hopefully it's us.

If he isn’t playing Championship football next season then there’s something seriously wrong

He will be in the Championship, 100% guaranteed. Hopefully it is with us. Wouldn't surprise me if he went to a bigger club though

I think we'll have done very well if we manage to keep 2 out of 3 from Towell, Emmanuel + Rodak

The thing is he knows he can come back here with a bunch of lads that he has got on really well with and a good manager and have lots of regular first-team football or go to larger club and risk playing just a bit part over the whole season with more time on the bench

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    The thing is he knows he can come back here with a bunch of lads that he has got on really well with and a good manager and have lots of regular first-team football or go to larger club and risk playing just a bit part over the whole season with more time on the bench
    The intention was for him to go to a Championship club on loan and not play in League 1. Thank goodness he chose us.
    There's an article I read last year from when he used to play for Dundalk & Celtic, a really good read unfortunately I can't remember the link, well worth a read if you can find it.
    He's been living local whilst with us in Sheffield so not too much travelling to the training ground.
    At least he seems to have enjoyed his time with us and played regular first team football, which was the intention in the 1st place.
    Well done Paul Warne on signing him.

Looked more of a Frecklington than Frecklington himself when he first joined us. Think his form tailed off a bit towards the end of the season but his contribution was still significant. Would like to see him back with us next season.

Richard would like to stay with us but salary is one obstacle.

The other is he has a partner and a young child to consider.

Would you want to move your family from sunny Brighton to not so sunny Rotherham?

Quote Originally Posted by anastasiacrabapple View Post
    Richard would like to stay with us but salary is one obstacle.

The other is he has a partner and a young child to consider.

Would you want to move your family from sunny Brighton to not so sunny Rotherham?
    No but If he can’t play for Brighton he needs to find a new club even if it’s on loan again or he will end up working at McDonald’s in 2 years time instead of football. No one wants a fat man at the club.

My guess is he will go to Norwich or Brentford

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast