+ Visit Leeds United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Clock is ticking

Clock is ticking

With the season ended about a month ago, and a little more until the majority are back into pre-season, the club on the surface appears to be at a " crossroads" yet again.
    Rumours, uncertainty, unproductive talks etc, re the managers position, surely if Rads and co felt the need to change again, it would have happened by now - they do need to act, or come out and fully show their support / backing to PH.
    Some players need to be sold / moved on, but more importantly the right players need to be coming in, and any doubts that potential new signings may have, could persuade them to go elsewhere.

Not much concerned about all the rumours, we will see what we will see and I guess we're in the same place as a lot of clubs in that nothing about new players is settled, however....

Don't hold your breath on the "sold/moved on" element. Look at the players you are talking about, and ask yourself who would have them (and would they be prepared to walk away from a nice little earner at Leeds in exchange for who know what in the lower leagues?)?

Thats going to be the conundrum the club have to face up to, how to finance other players (maybe the recent share sale will help), whilst not creating an even bigger squad than we have at present, as the surplus can't be gotten rid of.
    Last edited by WTF11; 29-05-2018 at 11:33 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by bathlad61 View Post
    With the season ended about a month ago, and a little more until the majority are back into pre-season, the club on the surface appears to be at a " crossroads" yet again.
    Rumours, uncertainty, unproductive talks etc, re the managers position, surely if Rads and co felt the need to change again, it would have happened by now - they do need to act, or come out and fully show their support / backing to PH.
    Some players need to be sold / moved on, but more importantly the right players need to be coming in, and any doubts that potential new signings may have, could persuade them to go elsewhere.
    Rumours and uncertainty are nothing to do with the club. Heckingbottom is going nowhere and the club know that once the fans and media stop making crap up we can all move on.

It is very rare you get any business done this early, I'd not expect any movement till mid-june.

The only doubts are caused by the media and fans, the club I'm sure know what their plans are and the fact we dont know is good as I hate it when our business is all over the papers and media as it just makes us look amateurish.

The new director does not take coaching lightly - suspect he will be asking the right hard questions which will lead to only one conclusion .... I’ll Seeee thee

I'm thinking they won't sack PH until they have a replacement lined up straight away like they did when they sacked TC

Quote Originally Posted by CLIVETHELEEDSFAN View Post
    I'm thinking they won't sack PH until they have a replacement lined up straight away like they did when they sacked TC
    i think you are probably correctamundo

It would be beneficial to all if radrizzani came out and said we are sticking with heckinbottom, or sack him and get someone in now, what player wants to go to a club when they don't know who the manager is or who it's going to be, same old same old Leeds.....once and if a new manager is installed the players we are supposedly looking at will be gone.....yawn, yawn yawn!

Heard we are getting an NFL coach in, got to be better than The Heck.

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)