+ Visit Aberdeen FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast

Thread: Heelan League 2018-19

Quote Originally Posted by deaconred View Post
    Acht. Winnae make it unless Dons @ Motherwell is switched. Trying for every game this season. Good day out guaranteed at Mosset. You got any ground trips planned?
    Aye it should be good. Hes from Elgin so we can both train there. I liked the Mosset Tavern last time i was up.

Elsewhere I have a 3 game, 3 city, 3 dayer to Holland next time home. Cambuur v Roda JC, Hereenveen v ADO Den Haag and AZ Alkmaar v Zwolle. Also looking into QPR v Milwall, aye I ken I hate guffball but I have an ill family member in London who I would like to see. But want concentrate more on Scotland this season. Have a list of ten I need to do. Berwick(next Sat) and another of the long ones.Cowdenbeath (done last sat), Clyde, Spartans, Albion Rovers, Hamilton(for some reason I have never been), Auchinleck Talbot, Pollok (I work with a fan so will be a day oot) and a North Caledonian team,

With Pac Jnr being up for the fitba now there will be a lot of Highland League games as I'm trying to wean him into big crowds, so hes good at the juniors so ill up it to Highland League. Possibly starting today

Not sure if cancelling the match today is the best way to honour the memory of someone who, by all accounts, spent a great deal of his time and money in making the club a success.

Your itinerary for the season looks exciting. Since retiring, a group of us have been going on a European tour each year plus usually manage to drag the missus to a match - Milan, Seville and Valencia (Seville was her favourite) - but this year the target is every Dons match so any European trips can't be arranged until I see when games are and whether they've been rearranged for TV. A trip to the San Siro is an annual event and I fancy the Juventus match there this year in November. Milan is a bit of a dive in winter tho so wife winnae be keen. The Derby is in March so that's a possibility.

The international breaks might give the opportunity to head off somewhere in search of club football. I think it is just the top divisions that shut down?

Not sure if cancelling the match today is the best way to honour the memory of someone who, by all accounts, spent a great deal of his time and money in making the club a success.

Your itinerary for the season looks exciting. Since retiring, a group of us have been going on a European tour each year plus usually manage to drag the missus to a match - Milan, Seville and Valencia (Seville was her favourite) - but this year the target is every Dons match so any European trips can't be arranged until I see when games are and whether they've been rearranged for TV. A trip to the San Siro is an annual event and I fancy the Juventus match there this year in November. Milan is a bit of a dive in winter tho so wife winnae be keen. The Derby is in March so that's a possibility.

The international breaks might give the opportunity to head off somewhere in search of club football. I think it is just the top divisions that shut down?
    San Siro is awesome. If you do go again try out Atalanta if fixtures permit. Easy on the train(an hour tops depending on slow and fast trains) and the best home fans I have ever seen

Get an International game instead of club maybe?

I would love to do every Dons game but obviously its not possible. That will have to wait until I stop the offshore caper

My main aim now is to get the wee man into it then eventually he can come with me on Euro adventures. But for now he can get up to speed with the Heelan League

Jealous of your Seville as its top of the fitba bucket list for me(followed by an Istanbul team and Partizan Belgrade)

International matches dont appeal to me. Mibbi though if there is one on at a stadium I fancy. You have got me thinking. Also, getting ready to pounce on Istanbul if we beat Burnley.

Managed Yankee Stadium last year - but got beat by your Tribe.

International matches dont appeal to me. Mibbi though if there is one on at a stadium I fancy. You have got me thinking. Also, getting ready to pounce on Istanbul if we beat Burnley.

Managed Yankee Stadium last year - but got beat by your Tribe.
    That's because the Tribe rule

Offshore after the sevco game so Istanbul is a no go

First results of the season

The Fort pick up where they left off last season

Brora Huns 2 v 0 Wick
    Buckie Bhoys 0 v 2 Inverurie Loco Works
    Sevcove P v P Clachnacuddin (Sevcove in LC action)
    Formartinks 4 v 1 Nairn County
    Fraserburgh 5 v 1 Strathspey Thistle
    Huntly 2 v 3 Turriff United
    Keith P v P Forres Mechanics (Bereavement)
    Deveronvale 7 v 0 Lossiemouth
    Rothes 11 v 1 Fort William

Popped Pac jnrs Heelan League cherry today at Victoria Park. The weather held out and the rain stayed away. A bit of a wind but nothing to make the wee mans first HFL game miserable.

Well played to Buckie who let me lift the wee dude over the turnstile. Cheers for that

The better team won in the end. It was a game of two halves . Buckie were garbage first half but Locos weren't great but definitely the better team. Locos went in 1-0 at HT through a well taken Gauldy goal with the only other thing of note being Buckie hitting the post

I was gutted at half time as I was one number oot for the Jags half time draw. I had 29484 and the winner was 29483. B@stard

Buckie were an improved team in the second and had a decent spell of pressure that the Locos dealt with pretty well. There was also a spell where the game threatened to boil over stemming from a skirmish at the far side, this led to a few bad tackles coming in from both teams and a touchline spat between Neil Cooper and Spider

The game was killed off with about ten to go through Chris Angus who had been pretty anonymous all game.

Locos may do well this season

Nae much of a spectacle but better than sheltering fae the f@cking abysmal weather in Meldrum

Went up to watch Huntly vs Turra.
    Good mix of fans fae both sides in the social club beforehand. Thankfully the rain stopped before kick-off or it could have been hard to leave the bar.
    There was a minutes silence & the club flag was at half mast, I assumed in tribute to Sandy Stables, but I could be wrong.
    Lots of new faces & youngsters amongst the players for both teams. 1st half was quite eventful including a cross which flew into the net wind assisted from the Turra right-back Chalmers & a soft penalty award to Huntly which was scored on the rebound from the goalies save. Turra 3-2 up at half time.
    2nd half was a non event. Turra created the better chances and were the better team, should have been more comfortable for them. Finished Huntly 2 Turra 3. Nae much quality on show throughout, could be a lang hard season for Huntly (again).

Quote Originally Posted by Norman Rothie View Post
    There was a minutes silence & the club flag was at half mast, I assumed in tribute to Sandy Stables, but I could be wrong.
    The same at Buckie for Sandy

Page 5 of 45 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast