+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast

Thread: ok might as well start the transfer rumours then...

Quote Originally Posted by Brin View Post
    Too late for Alfie?
    My heart is saying "let's sign him", my head is saying "he's only scored 11 goals in the last four seasons". Saw him playing last season for Bolton at Norwich - looked fit enough, but was left to fend for himself up front in a 4-5-1 formation, so didn't get any clear chances to score.
    Match finished 0-0.
    Last edited by mikemiller; 09-06-2018 at 09:41 AM.

Looking at Ragget and Godfrey according to Advertiser.
    Sounds like an old music hall act.
    Norwich pair: Sean Raggett 25 centre half, been on loan to Lincoln
    Ben Godfrey 20 Midfield, on loan to Shrewsbury, played in final, didn't really notice him to be honest.
    Matt Hamshaw said no transfer deals likely until end of month. No queries about our players yet
    I don't think Alfie is Warney's type of player. He'll want someone more higher energy.
    Last edited by brassgnat; 09-06-2018 at 10:25 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by brassgnat View Post
    I don't think Alfie is Warney's type of player. He'll want someone more higher energy.
    I seem to remember Alfie saying on twitter Warne wanted to sign him in the January window in the championship but the head of recruitment said no?

Quote Originally Posted by Masbroughstreet View Post
    I seem to remember Alfie saying on twitter Warne wanted to sign him in the January window in the championship but the head of recruitment said no?

Thank you computer

https://twitter.com/transferhq2/stat...992814592?s=21

Rumour of us buying Coventry keeper lol

Well we can ignore that one eh? Think the Norwich ones might be the most likely as Warne likes to go shopping in his old town! Hope he dunt go back for Morris though.

Quote Originally Posted by rolymiller View Post
    Well we can ignore that one eh? Think the Norwich ones might be the most likely as Warne likes to go shopping in his old town! Hope he dunt go back for Morris though.
    Smith and Proctor (when fit) look better players than Morris

Yes Morris has improved but he's still not very good is he.
    Hauled off at Wembley just after HT because he was ineffective and that was at Div 1 level

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    You don't rate Jerry Yates so we have Smudger, Ball and Proctor.
    Personally I would go with buying John Marquis, I doubt that one will come off.
    Bogle is a decent player, big lad, holds the ball up well and decent in the air. Cheap as chips if Uncle Colin will subsidise wages.
    I would prefer Billy Sharp and I doubt that one will come off either. 😂

I could ask the same question...
    Why would we need John Marquis if we have Proctor & Smudger..😂

If we go with 3 strikers expect the worse.
    No I don't rate Yates. Surely nobody seriously thinks he's suddenly going to develop into a Championship player in time for next season. He needs to go out on loan to a lower division club to see if he has a chance of making it at professional level.
    I started another thread some time ago suggesting Marquis was the type of player we should be looking at. He's completely different from Smith or Proctor but would be a real handful playing alongside either of them. He'd certainly pose more of a goal threat than Yates and maybe even Ball as the latter tends to get outmuscled a little too easily.
    In Warney we trust 😊

Quote Originally Posted by mellowmiller View Post
    I started another thread some time ago suggesting Marquis was the type of player we should be looking at. He's completely different from Smith or Proctor but would be a real handful playing alongside either of them. He'd certainly pose more of a goal threat than Yates and maybe even Ball as the latter tends to get outmuscled a little too easily.
    In Warney we trust 😊
    Jerry Yates won't be picked to start before Ball, Smith or Proctor.
    Send him out on loan and bring another striker in permanent or on loan.
    If it's Marquis they would have to offer him a 3yr deal, if it's Omar Bogle not a proven goal scorer on loan till January and then send him back to Cardiff if it doesn't work out, cheap as chips.
    With TS saying we're only going to " tweak " the squad and PW saying " there will only be a few coming in " if I was you mellow I would be prepared to be ' underwhelmed.

In WARNEY we trust...😁

Page 11 of 36 FirstFirst ... 91011121321 ... LastLast