+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: ok might as well start the transfer rumours then...

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    Do we need another midfielder though cayton ?
    He's certainly had his fair share of injuries.

1 Goalkeeper
    2 Full-Backs
    1 Centre - Back
    1 Striker

Loans or permanent not particularly bothered.
    i would deff say we need a solid CM player... we have 5 at the club. theres doubts over potter. wiles and murr, are they ready yet? that leaves vaulkes, palmer... personally i would look at someone like Ojo from scunny though he would cost a lot of money

throwing a different angle at it. we dont have a RB at the club if were saying get 2 in why not just get one and use vaulkes or ihiekwe as RB backup? and have more strength in the middle...

if warne has 2-3 million to spend i would try for Nsiala (shrews) ojo (scunny) and eisa (cheltenham) plus loans for merak rodak (keeper), todd kane (Rb from chelsea).
    Last edited by caytonmiller; 31-05-2018 at 11:16 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    i would deff say we need a solid CM player... we have 5 at the club. theres doubts over potter. wiles and murr, are they ready yet? that leaves vaulkes, palmer... personally i would look at someone like Ojo from scunny though he would cost a lot of money

throwing a different angle at it. we dont have a RB at the club if were saying get 2 in why not just get one and use vaulkes or ihiekwe as RB backup? and have more strength in the middle...

if warne has 2-3 million to spend i would try for Nsiala (shrews) ojo (scunny) and eisa (cheltenham) plus loans for merak rodak (keeper), todd kane (Rb from chelsea).
    Semi is also a a CM and has played in midfield for us a number of times

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Semi is also a a CM and has played in midfield for us a number of times
    the errors he had made this season it hard to argue hes a CB. nope not having hes a CM

Quote Originally Posted by Silly-miller View Post
    Il be shocked if we sign him on a full contract he’s 32 years old far from warnes ideal age range
    Billy Sharp...OK.....we need a mix of youth and experience. Quick reminder - our Wembley hero is 32 and previously written off

Quote Originally Posted by sawmiller View Post
    Billy Sharp...OK.....we need a mix of youth and experience. Quick reminder - our Wembley hero is 32 and previously written off
    Woods been at the club for years now and is there as captain to lead the team not to mention he is contract is is on a year by year basis.

If you buy a 30 year old player the chance of selling him on is low which TS will not like. If they are free transfers I can see the odd one being given a year with a year extension but not bought.

Quote Originally Posted by caytonmiller View Post
    My view is based on Richie Towell coming back sometime in July and possibly Marek Rodak. If Marek doesn't come back me personally I would buy a keeper in, age group 25 to 29 on a two year contract.
    I'm expecting Darren Potter to be ready for pre-season training, he can still do a reasonable job for us even if he doesn't play the full 90mins.
    Two full-backs for me, not stand in when and as required.
    Lewis Murr isn't ready, Ben Wiles I would give him a chance even if it means having him on the bench or involved with the first team, alternatively send him out on loan for some first team football.
    Doubt they would get Ojo, Nsiala possibly, Eisa like all players will be a gamble.
    Why not ask Uncle Colin to let us have Omar Bogle till at least January and let them pay most of his wages..lol.

Paul may only bring 6 or 7 in and that includes loan players.

How big a squad would you expect cayton, bearing in mind some of the team's in the Championship had +30.

Still to make decisions on the players that went out on loan last season as well.
    Last edited by Casper64Frank; 01-06-2018 at 09:09 AM.

Heres another hot off the press:

TheFootyPyramid

@footypyramid
    2h2 hours ago
    More
    Rotherham, Sunderland and Portsmouth all interested in versatile defender Martin Cranie after his release from Middlesbrough. #rufc #safc #Pompey #portsmouthfc

Quote Originally Posted by Casper64Frank View Post
    My view is based on Richie Towell coming back sometime in July and possibly Marek Rodak. If Marek doesn't come back me personally I would buy a keeper in, age group 25 to 29 on a two year contract.
    I'm expecting Darren Potter to be ready for pre-season training, he can still do a reasonable job for us even if he doesn't play the full 90mins.
    Two full-backs for me, not stand in when and as required.
    Lewis Murr isn't ready, Ben Wiles I would give him a chance even if it means having him on the bench or involved with the first team, alternatively send him out on loan for some first team football.
    Doubt they would get Ojo, Nsiala possibly, Eisa like all players will be a gamble.
    Why not ask Uncle Colin to let us have Omar Bogle till at least January and let them pay most of his wages..lol.

Paul may only bring 6 or 7 in and that includes loan players.

How big a squad would you expect cayton, bearing in mind some of the team's in the Championship had +30.

Still to make decisions on the players that went out on loan last season as well.
    Bogle must be chomping at the bit to get a full season in. Great shout..
    Squad wise 24 plus the youngsters..
    Ball, bray, Yates, imo have nothing to offer our squad. So without the loan players who may/may not come back we need 6 poss 7 to get to my squad total..
    I would blow the transfer cash on 3 quality signings and get 3 or 4 loans to compliment them...

According to a few sources we look to be after two players from Norwich

http://the72.co.uk/104394/rotherham-...wich-city-duo/

It says loan so I’m a bit concerned that it’s a bit early for loan deals

Midfielder Ben Godfrey aged 20 was on a season long loan at Shrewsbury Town, from Norwich & played against the Millers, with Norwich having plenty of midfielders at the club.
    Centre back Sean Raggett is the other player, with Peterborough United & other division 1 clubs after him, again Norwich have quite a few players on the books in this position.

Page 7 of 36 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast