+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Alan Judge

Alan Judge

Great to see Alan Judge coming on as a sub for Ireland last night after being out injured for nearly 2 years.

When you look at some of the players we have had here (most on trial) in recent years we could have had one hell of a team
    Schmeichell, Bart, Judge, Grealish, McGregor, Bola, Richie, Jackson, Bishop and McDonald etc. All went onto better things.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    When you look at some of the players we have had here (most on trial) in recent years we could have had one hell of a team
    Schmeichell, Bart, Judge, Grealish, McGregor, Bola, Richie, Jackson, Bishop and McDonald etc. All went onto better things.
    As you have stated over the past ten years there has been a few shining lights. We also had Ben Davies from the title winning side who went onto play for Derby.

Then there were ones that went to none championship teams that ultimately ended up higher than us such as Gary Liddle who went to Bradford and Alex Rodman who went to Shrewsbury and whom has been an integral part of their team that finished so high in League One. That one is the most surprising for me.

Quote Originally Posted by i961pie View Post
    None of those players were on trial

I still maintain that Alex Rodman was the worst winger I've seen at Meadow Lane since Andy Parkinson, offered us nothing going forwards and watching his version of defending used to infuriate me.

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    I still maintain that Alex Rodman was the worst winger I've seen at Meadow Lane since Andy Parkinson, offered us nothing going forwards and watching his version of defending used to infuriate me.
    Playing alongside different players for a different manager who has different ideas produces a different player. You will notice I'm not saying better, just different.

It would be great to have Judge back at the lane

Quote Originally Posted by DelroyFacey22 View Post
    None of those players were on trial

I'd agree with this completely. He used to receive the ball on the half way line from the full back, look up, return it to the full back. That was his entire game. Awful player... but has featured all season for the Shrews, including a goal in the playoff final.

[QUOTE=ArabianNotts;38905210]Great to see Alan Judge coming on as a sub for Ireland last night after being out injured for nearly 2 years.[/QUOTE

I always have a huge smile on my face when I see the guy play, a total class act who barring that injury would be a regular in the Ireland team (not saying much I know) but it's always great to see a Notts or ex Notts player pull on the green jersey