+ Visit Notts. County FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast

Thread: 3 New players Deals Agreed

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    Maybe we are looking to play 3 centrally next season? Given that KN tried 4-5-1 during the season it wouldn’t surprise me if this is what he is aiming at and the players released and signed are with this particular formation in mind?
    When we played it last time, he stuck Stead up top on his own. Would have worked with Ameobi but he ignored that option

I have a feeling he is looking at someone a bit more mobile and if we land two out and out fast wingers this system could work and see us as a better footballing side, a long way until we can compete with Madrid, Barca and Coventry tho
    Last edited by SwalePie; 30-05-2018 at 11:31 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Notts78 View Post
    I have a feeling he is looking at someone a bit more mobile and if we land to out and out fast wingers this system could work and see us as a better footballing side, along way until we can compete with Madrid, Barca and Coventry tho 😜
    I think we are ok with 5 in midfield still paying 442. In reality, 2 are still youngsters, Crawford wont walk into the squad right away, save for cup games. I doubt if we will sell anyone or change formation based on this signing. Be shocked if a 19 year old caused that much merry go round, unless is name was Yates.

Nice write up on the player, just in case he is signed on Friday.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...anuel-14458506

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    Nice write up on the player, just in case he is signed on Friday.

https://www.getwestlondon.co.uk/spor...anuel-14458506
    Do we really need him? Has had 1 good season in 10. Fails to settle at any club which has to be a concern... does he have an attitude problem? Is he happy plodding along picking up a wage and not fulfilling his potential, which everyone who has seen him play, knows he has? Why has he underachieved?
    That said, if he came and performed at 85% he would rip League 2 apart and can definitely be exciting to watch.

I actually would be quite happy with the signing of JET. He seems to have had plenty of managers, some not really liking his laid back demeanour, and when your on a losing streak isn’t really a disirable trait. But I hope we won’t be on one of them very often this coming season (hopefully).

He can score from outside the area, has a good physique for this league, has a physical presence. Hopefully though if he does come here we don’t use him as a target man, feel he can be much more than that.

In this league we need to take the odd calculated gamble, could pay off big time.

Quote Originally Posted by Getsmart View Post
    I actually would be quite happy with the signing of JET. He seems to have had plenty of managers, some not really liking his laid back demeanour, and when your on a losing streak isn’t really a disirable trait. But I hope we won’t be on one of them very often this coming season (hopefully).

He can score from outside the area, has a good physique for this league, has a physical presence. Hopefully though if he does come here we don’t use him as a target man, feel he can be much more than that.

In this league we need to take the odd calculated gamble, could pay off big time.
    Bearing in mind we don't currently have a left winger in the squad, he'd be a great signing. Certainly one that could go terribly wrong too, but a gamble you'd love to see us take.

More than one striker signing permanently tomorrow according to Big Al on Twitter
    https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5/status...060432897?s=20

Quote Originally Posted by DaveSmithRules View Post
    More than one striker signing permanently tomorrow according to Big Al on Twitter
    https://twitter.com/Bigalanh5/status...060432897?s=20
    "Announce McNulty!"

I have a feeling we may have a jet inbound. Hope I'm right.

Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst ... 5678 LastLast