+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Why be an also ran

Why be an also ran

... if Brentford or Bournemouth can do the business.

No mistaking I’d take 4th bottom now, but these clubs went up with us 4 year back an Brentford with a traditional stadium to say it nicely have performed very well. Never been in danger of the drop. I’d class them as a similar sized club,

So come on, back the team & manager for every minute of every game next season.
    Last edited by CAMiller; 30-05-2018 at 05:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by ilikecarling View Post
    ....also ran, if Brentford or Bournemouth can do the business.

No mistaking I’d take 4th bottom now, but these clubs went up with us 4 year back an Brentford with a traditional stadium to say it nicely have performed very well. Never been in danger of the drop. I’d class them as a similar sized club,

Dream on. The honeymoon will last until the first misplaced pass and the idiots will start their rants.

Brentford currently owe their owner 100 million plus
    Bournemouth probably about the same
    Both club's owners have gambled heavily and it's paid off - so far

A better example would be what Millwall and Preston have done.Both clubs in contention for the playoffs but not spending mega bucks and the Blades,another side that went up last year,were right up there.We are a much younger side this time and improving.I would like to see us make a big move for Rodak.

Brentford can attract better players because of were they are,Bournemouth loads of money.It will be hard this season & I think some of our fans are getting carried away already.

Quote Originally Posted by Lolmorgan View Post
    Brentford can attract better players because of were they are,Bournemouth loads of money.It will be hard this season & I think some of our fans are getting carried away already.
    Maybe so but I don’t think anyone’s expecting to win the league or get in play offs (although I’d love it if we did) but there’s no reason for doom and gloom there’s many clubs who spend buckets of cash and don’t achieve anything and there’s clubs who spend small amounts and get promoted. We are in a better position than we was in 2014 all our key players are under contract and there’s a lot of championship clubs who are failing to grow.

Top 14 is not impossible if we keep growing we can be promoted to premiership eventually.

The key though will be keeping best players at club or selling them for lots of money. Letting players go for peanuts or free will sink us again.

Bournemouth owner bought them then shortly after sold shares to fund a new ground.

Mathew Benham - owner at Brentford is a Professional gambler and the owner & founder of two very successful companies, Matchbook and Smartodds.
    He also owns or used to own a club in Denmark.
    One of the most successful men in gambling, a multi- millionaire and a die-hard Brentford fan.
    They proposed to have a new ground built a while ago.

Preston were £8M over budget / loss.

No comparison to us.

If Rotherham or my club can enjoy a couple of years in the championship before slipping back to league one then that is about as good as it's likely to get without significant funding and an ownership willing to absorb the debts that will inevitably materialise .

Even if we both put together a competitive team in the championship the better players will attract bigger clubs who can pay them 4 times what we can because neither of our clubs have the brand or owners who will absorb a debt mountain just to have a winning championship football club .

At this moment in time RUFC have the championship status but in my opinion minus the quality of squad to aim much higher than 4th bottom .

Two years ago we had both the status and the squad to compete and still got relegated ( bfc )

I don't speak with any disrespect and just say it as I find it because I hope you can progress because I have no axe to grind with RUFC .

This is the best we can be right now , decent at league one but a real struggle in the championship .
    Last edited by animallittle3; 30-05-2018 at 11:18 AM.

But King Tone says there is an ambition to get to the promised land of the Premiership.
    Bang on track again.

4th bottom will do for me..
    We need to be organised all over the pitch, fit or super fit, put the effort in and try to stop making as many mistakes at the back. Better quality strikers in the Championship and we will get punished for any mistakes. Better Centre - Backs as well, Smith, Ball, Proctor and possibly Lavery if they sign him will find it difficult.
    Just need to be competitive and difficult to beat.

5th bottom will do the season after as well.

U.T.M.

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast