+ Visit Rotherham United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results

Thread: Our "Delilah"

Our "Delilah"

For years I have wanted Rotherham United fans to have their own song....just like Stoke have "Delilah," West Ham
    "blowing bubbles," Bristol Rovers "Good night Irene," Swansea "men of Harlech," and Leeds "marching all together"

The one chant which has been unique over the years was "I was born on the railway end" which for obvious reasons is now redundant.

Great as it has been this season the "Richard Wood is magic" chant is old and unfortunately has been sung before for many years by fans of other clubs about their own players

But during our two recent visits to Wembley and the occasional outburst after victories in important home games at NYS, the crowd have sung "New York, New York" by Sinatra and it sounds magnificent. No other clubs sings this.

Watch the clip below and tell me that this doesn't sound amazing!!

https://twitter.com/SkyBetLeagueOne/...88566635663360

One criticism.....learn the words please. It always starts off full throttle but fades out.

I know we have had a similar thread about this song before, So lets stop being lazy and learn the bloody song!!

The club could also help by printing the lyrics in the match programme every week or having the words come up on the scoreboard.

This really could be our "Delilah"

I have to agree ibs.

I sing this song at every home game and yes I do know the words off by heart although my mate does ask me to sing in tune.

Ps...if anyone hears me singing New York at any home or away games feel free to join in..

Agreed as well . Could be a winner..

Quote Originally Posted by PokerMillersSwinton View Post
    Agreed as well . Could be a winner..
    I may give you and Brinny boy a rendition of my Sinatra song at one of our home games Pokey..

In the 60s and 70s, we had lots of individual songs, usually tunes borrowed crom the hit parade, bu our own unique lyrics. Guess it's what won us the kop choir trophy.
    Sadly, fans of allclubs sing the same ditties, without even bothering to add individual words.
    We did have an original song written in the 80s, 'Miller men.' But, it never really caught on.

Quote Originally Posted by the_idiotb_stardson View Post
    For years I have wanted Rotherham United fans to have their own song....just like Stoke have "Delilah," West Ham
    "blowing bubbles," Bristol Rovers "Good night Irene," Swansea "men of Harlech," and Leeds "marching all together"

The one chant which has been unique over the years was "I was born on the railway end" which for obvious reasons is now redundant.

Great as it has been this season the "Richard Wood is magic" chant is old and unfortunately has been sung before for many years by fans of other clubs about their own players

But during our two recent visits to Wembley and the occasional outburst after victories in important home games at NYS, the crowd have sung "New York, New York" by Sinatra and it sounds magnificent. No other clubs sings this.

Watch the clip below and tell me that this doesn't sound amazing!!

https://twitter.com/SkyBetLeagueOne/...88566635663360

One criticism.....learn the words please. It always starts off full throttle but fades out.

I know we have had a similar thread about this song before, So lets stop being lazy and learn the bloody song!!

The club could also help by printing the lyrics in the match programme every week or having the words come up on the scoreboard.

This really could be our "Delilah"
    Should this song be composed to galvanise support for the club Idiot?

Or word in your vision of the the club to slag it off, rubbish its prospects and mock the fans?