+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Car share

Sometimes it's just nice to sit and chill by watching some crap on tv instead of a documentary about the Nazis in WW2,it's light entertainment,just like going out on a Saturday night and letting your hair down,it's the only time Bowie or Dylan makes way for some ****ty American pop tune

I don't mind a good serious drama series or film Chalky, but for me nothing beats Britcoms like Only Fools, & Blackadder, & Red dwarf, & even Fawlty towers.

I love all of those shows Acido,still as funny today as they was then,I still even laugh at the older programs like George and Mildred,Steptoe,Porridge or Rising Damp,the days are of the great British sitcom is dead no though,shows that are made today won't be funny in 30-40 years,they show Laurel and Hardy on Talking Tv and it's astounding that something that was made in the 30's when films was in their infancy is still funny to watch today

Hey Chalky, I reckon this thread will run and run on here because we all like a good sitcom of course don't we.
    And I always like hearing other peoples comments about it, whether I like that particular show/film or not.

I do like Laurel & Hardy to be honest, their lovely old slapstick humour still makes me laugh even today. I even used to dress up as Stan Laurel when I was a kid, in holiday fancy dress parties.

I loved the sitcom "Bread" which as i don;t like scousers and my daughters 2nd middle name is anglo scouse makes me an oxymoron but Joey boswell was so cool Where did the good script writers go?
    Saw that rubbish Eastenders and Tracey Ullman nonsence on the bbc earlier. What rubbish!
    Last edited by Tricky1966; 01-06-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Love thy Neighbour was a good black comedy..

The fall and rise of Reginald Perrin

Rising Damp was brilliant

Yes Prime minister

The good Life

Man about the house

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    I loved the sitcom "Bread" which as i don;t like scousers and my daughters 2nd middle name is anglo scouse makes me an oxymoron but Joey boswell was so cool
    Yo Tricky, I always liked Mongy Boswell, the mungrel dog.

Ohh and for the Fawlty Towers fans on here, that bloke is STILL waiting at the bar for "a gin and orange, a lemon squash, and a scotch and water (please!!)". lol

I agree that the days when TV was full of funny sitcoms is long gone but I do have a good laugh at Gavin & Stacey.

Gavin and Stacey was great until James Cordon got to big for his boots and got all american .

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    Gavin and Stacey was great until James Cordon got to big for his boots and got all american .
    Aww the fat boy James Cordon also makes me sick to be honest Tricky, I don't see what the appeal is to him and why the Yanks have taken to him so much (and the same goes for Craig Ferguson as well, what is it with the Yanks and these talentless and unfunny Brits on their chat shows ?).

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast