+ Visit England Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Car share

Hybrid View

Previous Post Previous Post   Next Post Next Post

Car share

Finally got around to seeing the final episode of this class comedy,will they or won't they get together finally got answered with John holding Keighleys hand,the dogging episode from the first series still make me laugh out
    Peter Kay has said that there will be no more and that's a shame

Any females want a lift to work?

Watched every episode and really enjoyed it.
    A really simplistic realistic sitcom we can all relate to , Sitting in a car living "car life".
    A good call for Kay to know when to end it like Carla Lane ended Bread on a high.
    Otherwise the past used by date kicks in and the whole work becomes lame.
    Last edited by Tricky1966; 30-05-2018 at 11:23 AM.

I loved the sitcom "Bread" which as i don;t like scousers and my daughters 2nd middle name is anglo scouse makes me an oxymoron but Joey boswell was so cool Where did the good script writers go?
    Saw that rubbish Eastenders and Tracey Ullman nonsence on the bbc earlier. What rubbish!
    Last edited by Tricky1966; 01-06-2018 at 09:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Tricky1966 View Post
    I loved the sitcom "Bread" which as i don;t like scousers and my daughters 2nd middle name is anglo scouse makes me an oxymoron but Joey boswell was so cool
    Yo Tricky, I always liked Mongy Boswell, the mungrel dog.

Ohh and for the Fawlty Towers fans on here, that bloke is STILL waiting at the bar for "a gin and orange, a lemon squash, and a scotch and water (please!!)". lol

I agree that the days when TV was full of funny sitcoms is long gone but I do have a good laugh at Gavin & Stacey.

Quite enjoyed Car Share,but I thought Phoenix nights was better..

Quite liked Phoenix nights but as a southerner i never got the Northern working mans club thing even though it looked good fun .

It was far superior to Phoenix Nights Alf,it had a innocent and sweet theme going through it that I liked,there was so many genuinely funny moments through the series,dogging,the pee in the bottle,when he falls flat on his face racing to get back to the car,the trip to the zoo while skiving off work plus loads more

Don't they have working men's clubs down south?

I can remember reading on Burnley mad about there being an Idle Working Mens club somewhere

Quote Originally Posted by cocopops61 View Post
    Don't they have working men's clubs down south?

I can remember reading on Burnley mad about there being an Idle Working Mens club somewhere
    Yes but more like social clubs but i guess it is the same thing really.
    I grown up in a railway working family and we have affiliated social clubs all over the country and even though i can just about remember my late dad telling me about the "Wheel tappers and Shunters club" On the tele which i think was up North.
    Also Winney who posts on here from time to time told me about it

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast