+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: Toshney to Morton?

Would imagine Ray would be looking to take Laurie Ellis with him to Morton?

Tonight's Tele is suggesting just that.

Hope we can keep hold of Laurie. Good to have a bit of continuity in there and he’s been well thought of in time at United

Quote Originally Posted by LSArab View Post
    Hope we can keep hold of Laurie. Good to have a bit of continuity in there and he’s been well thought of in time at United
    Not bothered if Ellis stays or not. Considering what the players thought of him before Shabba, he might be part of the reason for the rumoured split in the dressing room last season.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    Not bothered if Ellis stays or not. Considering what the players thought of him before Shabba, he might be part of the reason for the rumoured split in the dressing room last season.
    Do you mean as in the players like and respected Ellis as a good coach?

Some interesting logic going on there Chick.

Is the person that people did not respect the one we’d be wanting to keep?!? The one that got good reaction from players is the one we want to punt?!?

Anyway csaba seemed to work with ellis so I’d be thinking he wanted to keep him

Is the person that people did not respect the one we’d be wanting to keep?!? The one that got good reaction from players is the one we want to punt?!?

From what I'm hearing Snaba' can't wait to see the back of Laurie Ellis & the feeling is entirely mutual.
    So I think there's every possibility LE will go with Ray & good luck to the both of them in a happier place.

It is obvious that the players worked for Ellis in his 2 games in charge, but for whatever reason he didnt get the job. You then have to look at what happened when the going got tough, and the word is the players downed tools.

If the reason for downing tools was because some didnt like Shabba and stuck together with Ellis, then there was no chance we were gonna get promoted. I think Shabba knew this and we have a few stories that he tried to show the players who they were actually playing for which backfired!

The players and staff i want to keep are the ones that are gonna work and play for Dundee United and us supporters.

Quote Originally Posted by Chick A Saw View Post
    It is obvious that the players worked for Ellis in his 2 games in charge, but for whatever reason he didnt get the job. You then have to look at what happened when the going got tough, and the word is the players downed tools.

If the reason for downing tools was because some didnt like Shabba and stuck together with Ellis, then there was no chance we were gonna get promoted. I think Shabba knew this and we have a few stories that he tried to show the players who they were actually playing for which backfired!

The players and staff i want to keep are the ones that are gonna work and play for Dundee United and us supporters.
    The manager I would want to keep is the one who shows some ability.

Irrespective of losing the dressing room what we saw from csaba was poor selection and game management. The games since January when showed nothing to the play offs where his lack of subs until too late and then bringing on Lyng etc.

It’s really odd that the coaching staff, players and supporters all came to lack respect for csaba and his decision making

I am mystified why we are driving away players and coaching staff, and ultimately supporters.

It’s a big call from Mike Martin as to backing csaba in this way. Fair enough It’s his call to make and he will be judged by it.

Driving away supporters and season ticket sales being ahead of scheduled doesn't really add up though.

The manager I would want to keep is the one who shows some ability.

Irrespective of losing the dressing room what we saw from csaba was poor selection and game management. The games since January when showed nothing to the play offs where his lack of subs until too late and then bringing on Lyng etc.

It’s really odd that the coaching staff, players and supporters all came to lack respect for csaba and his decision making

I am mystified why we are driving away players and coaching staff, and ultimately supporters.

It’s a big call from Mike Martin as to backing csaba in this way. Fair enough It’s his call to make and he will be judged by it.
    I forgot to mention, excepting Shabbas failings, especially in the play-offs and Dingies.

I dont find it odd if the rumours are true. Shabba comes in and immediately tries to change the holiday camp structure. All is ok for a wee while until the best players are crocked. Falkirk and Morton come along and show the players up for what they are. If you look at Shabba throwing his arms about and some of the things he mentions in interviews, you see the players are not towing the line.

In my working life, if an employee continually does what they like against the managers instructions, then they are out. In football, these privileged individuals get away with it and have the prospect of another pay day elsewhere!

We are not driving players away though. The mercenaries are off to find their next pay cheque, Ellis is still part of the set up until Ray comes calling and the supporters are apparently still buying season tickets.

For myself, despite what happened towards the end of last season, i will give Shabba a chance based on his recruitment and the first 9 games. After that i will more than likely be willing to give the new manager a similar chance and give up all hope in January.

Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)