+ Visit Dundee United FC Mad for Latest News, Transfer Gossip, Fixtures and Match Results
Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Toshney to Morton?

As long as his concentration is solely on the park then he will do well with positive support from his board and fans. When he started to become involved in murky waters that when he unravelled.

I like Ray. Think he will do fine at morton. Terrible football we played under him at times so him leaving there was only the way up possible!

How wrong I was 😢

Quote Originally Posted by shedka View Post
    Agree Darren

Would have had us second and got us by a tired Dunfy/Livi who would have played each other while we rested, then Partick imo
    Maybe. FWIW, I don't think he should have been sacked when he was. Terrible decision.

i weird when it came to that sacking.

from the outside it looked asif we had sacked him because he lost two on the trot but the actual fact was we had been playing poor for months. then he brought in his own team and we expected to be better but we were still playing rubbish. we had some poor results at the start of the season under ray but the sacking did seem pretty harsh! i think he should have been given the next game (dumbarton away i believe) which was a bogey team but would have shown if he was the man or not.

i wasnt too bothered by the sacking when it happened because thought it was time for him to leave as i felt the team had stopped playing for him and expected us to bring in a quality replacement (Mcintyre was my shout) but we then replaced him with CL who started ok but fell into the same trap and ended up finishing 3rd. the decision looked very poor. if we had replaced Ray with someone decent then we would have got up no doubt about it.

Ray's team were honking. Not sure he wouldve done any better than Laszlo did as performances were generally poor and our form was on a downwards trajectory.

I wish him well though. I hope his experience as manager hasn't tainted his memories of playing the club. He was a decent player for us, and I thank him for that. I still remember his hat-trick of free kicks away to Killie. Nice one Ray.

Yeah lets not forget the dross ray served us. Brutal! With a capital B and 2 exclamation marks full stop

For me, CL got better performance and selections out of Ray's squad prior to the injuries of Fyvie and Fraser. The window in January just confused matters and it took an age for CL to get a settled side. Honestly, I have faith in our manager with his own squad.

Youre right. The football was better until one or two went out the team.

Much in the same way Jackie's team went all to hell once Armstrong and GMS left.

Quote Originally Posted by TerryTheTerror View Post
    Maybe. FWIW, I don't think he should have been sacked when he was. Terrible decision.
    100% agree with you on that one.

Think he may do well at Morton, new regime there and possibly about to get funding increase through the Easdales involvement to an already sound well run community club.

Hoping he’s not about do better than us stuck with Slabber and nae pot to piss in.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Forum Info

Footymad Forums offer you the chance to interact and discuss all things football with fellow fans from around the world, and share your views on footballing issues from the latest, breaking transfer rumours to the state of the game at international level and everything in between.

Whether your team is battling it out for the Premier League title or struggling for League survival, there's a forum for you!

Gooners, Mackems, Tractor Boys - you're all welcome, please just remember to respect the opinions of others.

Click here for a full list of the hundreds of forums available to you

The forums are free to join, although you must play fair and abide by the rules explained here, otherwise your ability to post may be temporarily or permanently revoked.

So what are you waiting for? Register now and join the debate!

(these forums are not actively moderated, so if you wish to report any comment made by another member please report it.)